Can you let me know what to expect from a possible application to a top business school or what I should aim for. I am thinking of applying this year or the next one. I would of course prefer a high ranked school, especially one with good tradition in finance, but I am keen on doing an MBA and I am willing to compromise. Finance is of utmost importance, so If you can propose some schools I would be grateful.
Greek, Age 29
Bachelor in Economics - Athens University of Economics and Business (G.P.A. 6,5/10) *Can't say how this stands in the 1-4 scale
Msc In Banking And Finance (2 years program) - University of Piraeus (G.P.A. 7,5/10)
18 Months Obligatory Military Service in the Greek Navy
- Served 10 months as a Terminal Operator in the Naval Base of Salamis where I was responsible the handling of communication transcripts between the Naval Base and the whole of military installments in Greece. I was working in 24h shifts and the data I had to enter in the communication systems were very often classified.
- Served 8 months as senior administrative personnel in the 1st Recruiting Command in Athens Greece. This command controls the whole recruiting process in Athens and deals with various lesser offices. I had to control and prepare all the necessary communication with the other military offices in the Athens region.
- I currently work for a 1 year in the Public Power Corporation. I serve as a consultant in the Department of Energy Management. I deal with the financial details of the imports and exports of energy. This means controlling the various transactions and making sure that everything is accord to the initial agreement. So I have a lot of responsibility and I have to communicate with various European Energy Companies.
- GMAT 720 (Q 46 79%, V 42 96%) - Overall 96%
- I am participating in the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) program. I have passed the Level 1 exams this June and plane to take the 2nd Level exams next year.
My extra curricular activities : I like sports very much, I play basketball in amateur level, I am an avid home cinema fun (Having a system built entirely by myself) and I like reading fiction and history books
- I speak fluently English and French.
Reasons for doing an MBA
- I want to use it as a means to begin an International Career, preferably in the Financial Sector. Greece is too small for me...
Consider Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, London Business School, Insead, Tuck, and Yale.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog