Your essays is decently crafted one. You have understood the argument and attacked the 2 important assumptions in the argument made by the author. The choice of words are good. I would rate your essay ->3.5
But your essays lacks few things as mentioned below,
1. There is no strong opening and conclusion.
2. You only attacked the assumptions and did not mention the flaws in the premises.
3. You can mention how the author can improve his argument with examples.
4. The length of the essay is kinda of medium, i guess it is around 375 words or so.
Please go through the post by chineseburned
. I improved alot in using his tips. I scored a 5.5 in my 1st attempt last month. Hope i get the 6 in the next one.
1. Write atleast one essay a day(Just half an hour)- it will be refresher in between the Quants and Verbal.
2. Speed up your typing speed. I guess the words in your essay is less due to this factor.
3. Don't straight away start typing.
A. 1st analyze the argument- 2 to 3 mins.
B. Write down the premises and assumptions in a paper(2 each)-write the Negation point for both as well.
C. Write down the improvements for the argument to be a valid one- 2 will be good.
Total time for B & C-> 7-8 mins
Total time spent for the Analysis and getting ready with script- 10 Mins Max.
Start typing your essay-(The above steps will ease your process of thinking while typing- so lot of time to type)- Take 17 to 18 mins to type(min 5 para).
Remaining 2 mins- go through your essay for typo errors.
Make sure you type atleast 450 to 550 words.
All the best
Believe you can and you're halfway there- Theodore Roosevelt
Rules for posting in Quants Forum || Rules for posting in verbal forum
Improving from V30 to V40 | Improving from Q35-40 to Q47 | Bunuel Special Problem Collections New!!
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership