Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please read and rate my essay :)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Please read and rate my essay :) [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 04:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys, I'm preparing for my TOEFL test. I would really appreciate your help with scoring this essay. :)Please rate my essay from 0 to 30. It would be great if you provide additional comments and point out my weaknesses. For each feeback or rating I will give you a kudos. :P

Time: 30 minutes.

Word count: 374

Topic: Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Although many people prefer to live in a big city, I believe that the small town has much more to offer. It tempts us with friendly community, simple and calm life and the ability to spend our time around the nature. The big city cannot give us those advantages. That is why I prefer to live in a small town.

To begin with, people in the small towns are trying to maintain a close community. They are doing their best to support their friends. Whenever you need something there is someone who can help you. For example, if you have troubles with your car you can always ask your neighbors for advice. When you go shopping you can meet someone you know and talk to him. Also if you have lost your keys you can stay at your neighbors’ house until someone of your family comes home. Those relationships among people are unable in the big city where they hardly know eachother.

Small town life is calmer and pleasant than city life. With its low rates of crime it is perfect for families with children or for everyone who enjoys the silence. People don’t fear to let their kids outside the house because, unlike in the big city, there are many playgrounds and places where children can play. Moreover, life in the small town is very lovely with its events and celebrations like annual carnivals and fests. The atmosphere here is relaxing and ideal if you want to go away from the stress in the big city.

Finally, small towns give us the opportunity to interact with the nature. We could spend hours wandering around the woods and fields, watching the animals and hearing the birds singing. The air is fresh and everywhere is clean. In the big cities there are only pollution and smog. Even the parks are littered. There are no similarities between the beautiful nature in the small towns and the one in the cities.

In conclusion I would say that I prefer small towns because they give me the opportunity to become part of a closed community and live a simple and calm life. There I can be around the nature and forget about the pressure in the big city.

Thank you ! :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Please read and rate my essay :)   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2012, 04:26