Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Review GMAT Club

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2136

Kudos [?]: 7314 [1] , given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 19:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Please Review GMATClub on Alexa.com!

(Help us improve - see our current reviews)

Dear members,

We humbly ask for you to submit a review on GMATClub, whether positive or negative, on Alexa. The GMATClub team strives to provide its members with the best, up-to-date information on various issues related to the GMAT and business school. Your feedback provides reliable information for those interested in this website and allows GMATClub to improve and expand. Reviews can also increase GMATClub’s exposure and outreach. So if you’re still interested, let’s get started!

How to review GMATClub:

We will rely on Alexa for the reviews. Alexa is a tracker that ranks websites based on how many people visit them. It helps users find sites that are popular and helps the websites themselves become more popular.

• Step 1: Please add an Alexa plugin to your browser. The plugin can be found here: http://www.alexa.com/toolbar

• Step 2: Find the Alexa icon located in the upper-right corner of your browser. The next thing to do, then, is to go to the GMATClub website and click on that icon. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the review option.

• Step 3: Click the “write a review” tab found on the review page. The next page will ask you to set up an Alexa account, which requires an email address and a username. Once the Alexa account is set up, you can review GMATClub.

Alternatively, Click Here to Post a Review

What to Include in Reviews:

Put down what you honestly think! Whether your review contains criticism or praise, try to make sure that your argument is clear and concise. Although not mandatory, providing examples to illustrate your point could also help. And just to reiterate, criticism is perfectly acceptable and even welcome. Nothing is perfect. But your feedback can help GMATClub to improve and correct any mistakes.

What Not to Include:

Reviewers basically have free rein to put whatever they want. Please try, though, to maintain a cordial attitude and avoid profanity. Your opinion deserves to be taken seriously, so make sure that it does.

Spam:

Sooner or later, spam might appear in the review section. While GMATClub typically removes spam, there isn’t much we can do on other websites. If you encounter an obvious case of spam, simply ignore it.

After submitting your review, you are most welcome to post it in this thread. We look forward to your input!

Thanks in advance! :)

Post a Review on Alexa

Current Reviews - Click here to read current reviews

Attachments

current-reviews.gif
current-reviews.gif [ 60.17 KiB | Viewed 2312 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 10 Apr 2012, 10:34, edited 11 times in total.
URL added
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 465 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 20:26
Expert's post
Also, here are the stats and information available on Alexa for GMATClub:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/gmatclub.com

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 7

Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 00:55
bb,

PROS:

1) GMAT Club is by far the best source for the quant preparation. Moderators (Bunuel, shrouded, Karishma) are just wonderful. I cannot praise their attitude, willingness to help, and the timely fashion in which they respond to your questions. Thank you all very much.

2) GMAT Club tests are extremely helpful. The good thing is that if you are an active member, you don't have to pay for them.

3) Personal experience thread is very useful.

4) Topic tags were very useful as well.

5) 100,000 members competition was great.

6) Book reviews, test reviews, suggestions etc. are all very useful.

7) Very helpful regular forum members. Again, I would say that GMAT Club's members are the most helpful out of all the GMAT forums.

8) The forum is very functional. Although I have a few reservation about the forum's design (see below), I believe the forum is much more functional than those of the competition (e.g., tags, search function, forum's hierarchical structure, math symbols).

CONS:

1) The forum's look and feel is kind of "unprofessional". By that I mean the following:
- it is cluttered with too much elements (e.g., almost one third of the screen is used by the GMAT Club's icon + panel + the rotating list of upcoming events), which you don't need to see all the time
- the overall design is kind of old.

2) The verbal section was not as useful as the quant section. Actually, many replies (unfortunately even from verbal forum moderators) were not helpful at all. BeatTheGmat and Manhattan GMAT sites are, IMO, much stronger in that department. In fact, I stopped using that section here all together.

3) Not too many real experts in the verbal section of the forum.

To sum it up:

- GMAT Club is by far the best source for quant preparation (moderators+++, gmatclub tests +++, math bible +++). And by that I mean it's like comparing the ocean to some lake.
- It is very functional (tags, structure, search)
- Members are very helpful
- Its verbal section is not quite useful and, IMO, is considerably behind the competition
- Its design is a little bit outdated and "unprofessional"

Suggested improvements:

- Try to invite some experts to the verbal section (Ron, Mitch and others). Although that probably might be somewhat difficult. I don't know.
- New design: less clutter

Overall, GMAT Club is a terrific place. I have included some negatives not because I think that they are substantial, but because bb asked for an honest feedback.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 02:57
I will definitelly agree with nonameee,regarding Quant section. I would not comment anything regarding verbal sinse I am used to MGMAT forum ( mean i have not tried to test GMAT CLUB).

I will comment only the cons
1) You will have to secure site from two kinds of comments.
A) Answers as of IMO B IMO C Def B , SURE C etc must be excluded, as really do not provide any feedback ( hey you, we know that the answer is B, sinse we did it wrong, tell us why . .) How will you do that?? . . .I dont know . .thats your call ( hihihi)
2) The site's layout is surely unfriendly!!!!! Too many icons too many buttons small letters. Allow me to say that, when first to Gmat, I saw the BTG and the GMATCLUB, and said "BTG has a way better layout! Maybe the other one is not updated oftenly . . .!!Please check it!! It give a bad first impression." After on I stoped using BTG, and focused on GMATCLUB.
3) Exclude wrong answers!!!send a kind message to the editor and delete it (or place a badge of "WRONG ANSWER") The strongest advantage of MGMAT forum is that you have the idea that the info there is of high quality!!No wrong answers!!!
4) PLEASE DO STH TO PASS THE 700 LINE!!! IT IS THE 6TH TIME I AM SITTING THIS &*%^)@ EXAM!!! hihihi . .
Regards,
Stavros K
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 366 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 05:02
Folks,

To help the website out, you need to post reviews on Alexa, not here in the forum.

Thanks,

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Director
Director

Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 08:13
Quote:
Step 1: Please add an Alexa plugin to your browser. The plugin can be found here: http://www.alexa.com/toolbar

Step 2: Find the Alexa icon located in the upper-right corner of your browser. The next thing to do, then, is to go to the GMATClub website and click on that icon. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the review option.

Is there a way to post my feedback without installing the plug-in?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 465 [1] , given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
nonameee wrote:

Nobody will stop you from posting your feedback in this thread, but the main purpose of this initiative is to post the reviews on Alexa. I think that you can review without installing the plugin, though. Just click on "review" and set up an account.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2136

Kudos [?]: 7314 [0], given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 18:18
Expert's post
bmillan01 wrote:
nonameee wrote:

Nobody will stop you from posting your feedback in this thread, but the main purpose of this initiative is to post the reviews on Alexa. I think that you can review without installing the plugin, though. Just click on "review" and set up an account.

You should/may be able to submit a review without the plugin.
I think you could use this link: http://www.alexa.com/write/review/gmatclub.com

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Director
Director

Re: Please Review GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 23:12
I've posted my review there as well. There is however a 2000 word limit on your comments.
Re: Please Review GMAT Club   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2012, 23:12