Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 11:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please review me :) :)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please review me :) :) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2012, 09:30
Hi there,

I was reading through the past evaluations you have given and they seem to have the best advice...I was hoping you could have a quick look at me!

I am 20 years old (looking to apply for harvard 2+2) and:
- I am half Fijian (minority)
- Penultimate year of my Finance degree (GPA 4)
- Penultimate year of my Bachelor of Laws (GPA 3.8)
- On a scholarship to my University (leading University in Australia)
- I was awarded 1/10 students across the entire Australian University student population - as the student of the year by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- I am the current elected president of the Business Faculty
-Treasurer of a charity that eradicates hunger
-Mentored a homeless child once a week
-Founder of an Investment Association
- Am about to find an anti-discrimination association
- Lead my University Management team to second position in the Global Management Competition (Aus).
- I have mooted (argued in court) in the International Criminal Court, in Hague (Nertherlands)

In terms of work experience:
- I am mentored by an Macquarie Bank (Australia's leading Investment Bank)
- I have completed a clerkship at Herbet-Smith Freehills (UK's Number one litigation law firm)
- I have completed an internship at Deloitte, Corporate Finance.
- I have also completed an international clerkship in Malaysia's leading litigation firm (Albar & Partners)
- I am looking to complete an internship at Goldman Sachs this Decemeber.

I am taking a semester of Uni (as my Uni does tri-semesters) and am preparing for the GMAT for over a 3 months, and doing charity work in Fiji - I am aiming for a 750.

I hope you (or anyone :) ) gets back to me - thank you!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please review me :) :) [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2012, 12:47
Expert's post
Hi niteshc,

Thanks for posting. You have a very strong candidacy. The one thing I can say is to remember that all of the reasons why a top program will admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story. Don't forgot the other parts of your application (recommendations, personal essays, etc.).

Here is a case study of a candidate who was accepted into the HBS 2+2 program, which should provide some insight for you: http://www.stacyblackman.com/2012/06/14 ... 2-success/

If you'd like, we also provide free 30 minute phone consultations here: http://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap