Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please review my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please review my profile [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 01:51
Hi,

23 years,male from India

Bachelor's in Environmental Engineering ,DCE (one of the top notch colleges in India)
3.0/4.0 GPA

Work-ex:- IBM ,currently 7months of work-ex ,will be 2 or more years by the time courses will commence
Working as Application Developer on a niche Enterprise Asset Management tool for Energy & Utilities company . Might happen to be promoted to Team Lead within 1.5 years if I carry up the good work I am doing. Involved in Environmental Management Program's of IBM so that I could create additional value to my company and involve in other operations of IBM . Also working/volunteering as one of the Project Manager's for IBM's -smarter village initiative presently in phase-I in certain villages of India.

Also involved in family business,Small Scale Enterprises only but highly diversified(into stone quarrying,spinning mills,sleepers industry) ,currently in difficult phase with the intention of steering them under one main thread from which other branches can flourish.

Languages:-English ,Hindi ,Haryanvi(regional Indian language),Mandarin

Extra-curicullurs :- Project Ambassador for Vedanta Foundation in one of the regions in North India
Worked as Finance Coordinator during Technical Festival of my college . Handled over INR 800k and managed a team of around 100 including organisers,event coordinators, volunteers
Actively take part in my events organized by NGO's in collaboration with IBM
Education Lead at Toastmaster International's IBM-Gurgaon chapter
I have a lot of interest in Social enterprising ,empowering the bottom of pyramid though nothing to show in achievements

Besides, have won a few events during College Festivals. Received best student 3times during High-school

Hobbies:- Dancing,a food enthusiast, reading novels, blogging occasionally

Appearing for CFA L-1 this June,2012 & if everything goes well will be CFA L-2 by next year June,2013 .
I do plan to get certified in Healthcare Management from one of accrediting agencies from US and obtain a fellowship but that's just a plan for now ,do tell if I should push for that opportunity too

I would like to know if I happen to score 720& above in GMAT(currently scoring around 700 in practice exams) , what are my chances of getting into TOP 10 B-Schools ,my preferences in no order being

INSEAD
WHARTON
HBS
KELLOG
HAAS
LBS
STANFORD
ISB

Please suggest what are my chances of getting here and how can I improve upon my profile(work-ex, community service, extra-curicullars, etc) to become a potential candidate for one of these

Thanks,
Abhik
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please review my profile [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 20:02
Expert's post
Business schools look for several key attributes in every applicant including leadership, creativity, maturity and teamwork. Sounds like you are still ramping up in your career, so with a couple of years WE ahead of you, I'd try to seek out opportunities to lead, innovate, and work in teams. You have a unique opportunity now to "reverse engineer" your b-school application, so you are wise to be thinking now what you want to have experienced two years from now when you apply. As an Indian applicant, you will be uniquely challenged by applying from a very crowded applicant pool, so one way I have seen Indian applicants distinguish themselves is working internationally. Especially given all your language skills, you could have a real interesting play with international experience if you play your cards right over the next couple of years. Realizing that the "typical" Indian applicant comes from a technical or engineering background and submits a 700+ GMAT score, you need to be working on how to differentiate yourself from the proverbial crowd. CFA is good for example, as this is not a typical achievement.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews