Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please review my profile for top MBA's!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Please review my profile for top MBA's! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 21:15
This post received
KUDOS
Lower Tier Big Ten Undergrad- 3.7 GPA Finance major
Want to pursue Management Consulting, or general management programs at F500
730 GMAT
Age 24 at start of MBA
3 years WE- Financial Leadership Development Program at a large F500 company
Extra curricular- very good

How is my profile for all of the M7 MBA's as well as Ross, Darden and Fuqua?

Do I have a good chance of receiving a full scholarship at Ross, Darden or Fuqua?

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 29

Re: Please review my profile for top MBA's! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 21:45
You have the profile to stand in, but you need to differentiate yourself from others with a similar profile like yours to stand out.

Write great essays, focusing on leadership (since you are young), do your research into the schools (try to visit them if you can!) and tie your story into why you want to do consulting/GM post MBA with why you're wanting to do to program X.

i.e. because of amazing life/professional experiences (A, B, C) => I will add to your program by doing (D, E, F) => Your program will equip me with (I, J, K) => For me to accomplish my goal (L, M, N) => Which is my goal because of my life experiences (A, B, C) !

:lol: I've reduced the essay writing process to a logical flow. Eat your hearts out, essay consultants who 'help' applicants break the honor code they agree to before submitting their applications.

"Full scholarships" at any program in the top 20 are highly competitive. First you fight for a spot on the admit list and then you'll fight for a smallish pool of available scholarship money. I wouldn't bank on getting a full ride at Fuqua, Ross or Darden. You might, if you write great essays. Your GPA is up to the mark. Your GMAT is only 20 points from their class average though. Why not talk to a current student at each of these programs who is on a ride? If you get in touch with a few current students one of them might be able to refer you to someone they know who is on a scholarship.

Anyways, good luck dude.

The only ability the GMAT is an indicator of...is the ability to do well on the GMAT.

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-20-2005
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Please review my profile for top MBA's! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 03:37
Hi,

My apologies for the late reply.

You have a good GMAT score and GPA. Scholarship chances depend on how well you position yourself in application essays. Ross, Darden and Fuqua should be within your reach. You can even try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Let me know in case of any further queries. Would be happy to resolve.

Best,
AK

Sungminc7 wrote:
Lower Tier Big Ten Undergrad- 3.7 GPA Finance major
Want to pursue Management Consulting, or general management programs at F500
730 GMAT
Age 24 at start of MBA
3 years WE- Financial Leadership Development Program at a large F500 company
Extra curricular- very good

How is my profile for all of the M7 MBA's as well as Ross, Darden and Fuqua?

Do I have a good chance of receiving a full scholarship at Ross, Darden or Fuqua?

Thanks.

GMAT-750 Work Exp-10 yrs. MBA-Top 10 FT Ranking B-School
Under Grad- Top 30 College in Asia

Re: Please review my profile for top MBA's!   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2013, 03:37