Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam. [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 05:50
Hi,

I am left with 10 more days before the exam. This would be my second attempt on the GMAT.

In the first attempt i scored just 600 [Math 47, Verbal 28]. I took this attempt in Aug 2011. I realized that my mistake here was not giving any of the Mock exams to analyze my strengths and weaknesses.

Now with 10 days left, i started giving my mocks, but i ended up scoring 580 :( (Took the MGMAT CAT 1)

:( Right now i am a bit devastated. I have focussed more on my english during this time and am able to do CR, SC and RC with precision during my practice. But now seems when the test is timed, i am spending more time than permissible.

I am a bit worried :( please suggest me if i should go ahead with the exam or reschedule it?

Or would it be better to give the exam and then see what has to be done?

Also my query is that when can we say it is right time to start taking CAT mocks? like a month before exam etc;

Regards,
MS
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam. [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 08:45
If you have time do postpone it and take on more practice test.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8186 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam. [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 08:55
Expert's post
Take one more practice test. If you are getting less than you are looking for, then postpone.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 476 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam. [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 10:50
Expert's post
If your're goal is something in the 700 range, then it's probably the right choice to postpone. If you're target score hovers around 650, however, then I would suggest another practice test (under realistic test conditions, of course) to have a better idea of where you stand. Base your decision on those results.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam. [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 03:04
Hi All,

Thank you for the replies.

bb - Please help me chalk my study plan.

I am aiming at 700+ score. I know i can make it but i am not sure how to go about the preparation. The last time i have given the GMAT i have identified that Verbal was not up to the mark. I have given time of one month now for english and tried to improve in CR, SC and RC. But still struggling on RC :( I am a working professional and spend about 12 hours at work and then plan my studies.
Is there anything i can do to improve my accuracy and speed aswell. I am looking at following a systematic plan. (like more practice with timed exams etc;). How to schedule the mock CAT exams.

Analysis of mock GMAT:
Geometry (Weak Area)
Numbers (Weak Area)

CR : Assumption and Inference (Weak Area)
RC : Main point/Area (The main problem here is i am unable to comprehend the passage in one reading)
SC: I am unable to understand how to attack a question as soon as i see it. Personally i feel SC is the scoring area, since we are already equipped with the rules, we could apply them easily. Could you please suggest some way to make this section more accurate under controlled time.

Please let me know if the analysis is ok or i need to be more specific.

TIA,
MS
Re: Please suggest if i need to postpone my exam.   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2011, 03:04