Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 23:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please suggest me a solution for verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.49
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

please suggest me a solution for verbal [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 00:41
hi,

i know im posting a large query, but still im not able to figure out things, can some please help me !!!

I'm planning for my gmat in june/ july,

i've taken MR mocks, im comfortable with Quant. Every time i give a mock i'll had 20 -30 minutes extra time but i scored 46 only.

i did make mistakes in minor calculations. which i can rectify with having a recheck after solving every queston.

Verbal :: the horrible horror picture ever :(

my first gmat mock was 10, i did mistakes in all,

2nd time i had prepare for RC's and did get 11 of them correct but sc and CR were wrong :(

can some one suggest me, how to prepare for Verbal ? CR, RC and SC.
i did have MR material but they seemed to limited, as each question is a new variant in SC.

AWA : is there any limit for no of words which we write in AWA??

my first mock : have written 100 words and which gave me 1 :(
2nd mock when i understood the pattern, i did write 250 which gave me 3 score ...........

here below is my awa: please give me guidelines so that i can improve ::

The above mentioned argument have been drawn with the facts such as: 1. Middle aged people buy 39% of their retails expenditure in departmental stores.2. Young age people only spend 25% of retail expenditure in departmental stores.the argument had finally drew a conclusion which states that, departmental stores should stop attracting young customers and place deals which only attract middle aged customers. The conclusion has flaws, which may yield to drastic effects if followed, the below mentioned are possbilities and facts which were not been considered: 1. Middle aged customers don't pop-up from no-where, they are the young customers who eventually turn middle aged.2. Young customers also take a mojor chunk of sales i.e. 25% which can't be neglected.3. If the young customers are not being attracted to departmental stores they eventually look for other available options and when they turn middle aged,those young customers may not find a necessity shop in departmental stores.Taking the above mentioned facts into consideration, a better approach can be used to deal with the given scenario. The departmental stores should not only attract young customers but also start better strategic programmes specially designed to attract the middle aged customers. This helps in retaining the customers from their young age to middle age. Hence the departmental stores can have a better chance to getting more bussiness from same customer for a longer period of time.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Re: please suggest me a solution for verbal [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 00:59
please Suggest for CR, IR and SC.
Manager
Manager

Re: please suggest me a solution for verbal [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 03:15
rakeshd347 wrote:
This link explain all the resources needed for SC and CR.

IR is all about practise….You can practise the IR here:
http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -reasoning

These guys give good explanations too and its free practise.

Check out here for the SC and CR.
how-to-improve-your-verbal-from-v24-to-v40-without-coaching-150625.html

Please KUDOS me if my post helps.

thanks a lot mate,

i will take them all and get back with better results :) thanks for the help :)
Manager
Manager

Re: please suggest me a solution for verbal [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 06:51
rakeshd347 wrote:
KUDOS is always a good way to thanks…it encourages the whole community to help each other.

Hi Mate,

i've already given you kudos and also posted the thanks msg . :)

one small query : i've seen awa thread which gave a link of mba.com that would help in AWA but the page is not loading, do we have any tool which helps in evaluating AWA please tell me if there is any
Re: please suggest me a solution for verbal   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2013, 06:51