Hello everyone, thanks for viewing this and hope you'll share with me your experiences. I really need that since I sometimes think I am thinking very low of myself, thus going to apply to some of the very low-ranked universities.I have carefully considered research fit with faculty in my school selectionI NEED to be fully funded, otherwise can't accept the admission- I'm a PhD applicant, Quantitative Marketing major, 25 years old
- First and last time GMAT 680, Q 45 and V 38- TOEFL 107
- BA in English language and literature-GPA 3.8 from one of the top 10 universities in the nation- MS in business, marketing-GPA 4, from absolutely the best business school in the nation
-Ranked in the top 99.9% in the national exam to masters program among 35,000 + participants-The top student in all of the Masters program semesters
- Two published articles. Not top notch journals, but decent journals. Both articles have two authors. In the 1st article, my name is second and in the other one, my name is first (The change in name order shows my advancing in research)-Extensive non-university level teaching experience to undergraduate and graduate students . One semester TA in university level.
- Translated one business-related book- Some extra-curricular activities like running my own studentship journal, holding free classes for other students in the university scientific association
- About ten university-level presentations- About 6 university-level workshops and conferences attended
- member of BMN ad BPJ, two of the most prestigious and high-level elite associations in Iran- Strongly written LORs from professors with all of whom I have done research, or been TA for, or been the top students or a combination of these
- Effective, Strongly written SOP- Limited job experience
- Decent familiarity with related computer softwares
- I know my chances for top tiers like Stanford and NYU is low. But what about schools like University of California San Diego or Irvine? Or University of Florida or University of Texas at Dallas? Should I consider lower-ranked schools like University of Texas at El Paso or Arlington? I definitely need to get admitted this year or I'll lose the opportunity forever I can apply for up to 15 schools. What is your recommendation?
Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.
World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.