Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 02:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls Evaluate

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pls Evaluate [#permalink] New post 03 May 2012, 12:10
My profile:

Age 27, India
GMAT = 710

An Engineer --> B.Tech ( Electronics and Communications) from Central University in Delhi,India

Work Experience = 4 years Telecom Industry, Cuurently posted in London for past 1 Month and till Next year.Got a promotion and was handling part of management role in the previous project.

My goal would be to work in general management.

As per my GPA goes its 7.7/10 in my graduation and this is my third GMAT attempt.

To further diversify I want to be a Telecom Consultant after my MBA to be precise.

I am planning to get involved in the community services soon, I used to do it in India independently teaching poor children and not got associated with any NGO, which I am planning to do so this year here in London.

Or any other information or opinions from you are welcomed.

Can I get into the top 20 B Schools, primarily targetting ISB, NUS in Asia and Tuck,Kellogg,Sloan,Haas,Fuqua,Tuck in US and LBS,Said in UK.

Can you let me know am I doing an appropiate selection or please let me know the universities I should target.I am interested in both 1 year and 2 year span of education
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Pls Evaluate [#permalink] New post 03 May 2012, 15:34
Expert's post
Hi, Appsgmat,
Thanks for your post. Assuming that you have at least an 80th percentile on each section of the GMAT, your score is within the range for top 20 programs. Your GPA may be on the lower end depending on how it translates and the particular program, but your GMAT could balance that. You will want to be sure to differentiate yourself from others with similar backgrounds. Congratulations on your promotion. That sounds like the management experience there might be something for you to focus on in your applications along with other examples of leadership abilities and softer skills. You will want to show how your experiences to date flow into your future career goals along with why you need an MBA. How involved were you in community service and how recently? You will want to focus on experiences in the past 3- 5 years if possible that is a great way to demonstrate your leadership too.

In terms of narrowing down your school selection, you really need to think about what you want out of the program. What are your learning goals? Which school has the tools you need to meet those? Do you have any geography requirements? How about program size or teaching style? There are many factors you should consider beyond the rankings to make sure you find the right program for you.

Good luck,
Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php