Hi... Thans in advance for evaluating my profile
1) Male , Indian , 31 , Non IT background - Business Management
2) We have 10+2+3 education system in India ( 10th - 73%, 12th - 80% , was nominated for National Scholarship scheme being a student of top 500 slot out from a pool of 60k students )
4) Undergrads - Bachelors in Business Admin ( we have % evaluation system for graduation in India, i scored 65% in my undergrads , i don't know how business schools evaluate this system, i had been among top 50 students of the university )
5) Executive programme in Business Management ( a part time certificate programme of one year ) from Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta ( IIM C) , IIM is very well know b-school in india. honestly speaking didn't get any value addition from this programme.
6)I was awarded scholarship of 50% waiver in tuition fees by one of the top 10 business schools on the basis of my scores for their entrance exams ( quiet similar on the lines of GMAT ) in the year 2000, because i was among top 50 students of the country.
7) Experience - nine years of experience in Financial Services ( Functionally - Business Development , Retail ) , excellent exposure in terms of leadership , have been leading and managing people for the last seven years now ( jr level manpower in first 4 yrs and mid level manpower for the last 3 yrs ). Have worked with very well known companies of India. Have managed sales teams at state/regional level in the most competitive markets.
Career progression == trainee == officer == sr.officer == asst manager == deputy manager == manager == sr. manager
Now ,here comes the weakness too
1)No international work exposure because my job doesn't demand it all , in IT companies you get to work across globe because the industry demands it wherein my job profile doesn't demand it.. so how would adcom view it ?
2) hv already reached an age of 31
Now comes the question Why MBA ?
Wanna get into consulting , so my focus would be sales consulting, marketing and stratagy.
I have been preparing for GMAT and have been consistently scoring 600-640 , but am afraid that this score won't help me in reaching anywhere so am still giving some more time to reach upto 680-700 atleast or 700+.
Now my questions
1) which b-schools do you think are good as per my profile..US as well as non US.
2) I am sure that i appear for gmat right now i would score around 650 , so should i appear for gmat or should i make it sure that i reach to a level of 700 , what should be an ideal score for such profile with higher work experience like mine.
3)My serious concern is my age, hope my age (31) doesnt put me in Sr Citizen category.
I understand a few aspects of my questions are very relative , but would be obliged it you can just give your individual comments on the basis of your experience till date
Thanks very much