Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 14:59
Hi All,

I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback on my profile.

1) Basic demographic info: Age 26 Female; Indian; fluent in English;

2) Educational Background: Masters in Telecommunication Engineering from UtDallas, Undergrad in India, GPA 86/100%

3) GMAT: 640 (47Q/31V)

4) Work experience: 4yrs Systems Test Engineer- Have experience in dealing with customers mainly. Can think of like a Customer support Engineer-Presently in Telecommunications company in bay Area.

5) Extra-curricular: Had been elected as Secretary of IEEE,ISTE when I was in my under graduation in India. Basically part of executive committees. Organized several international level events. Have certificates for all of them too.

5) Schools: Haas School of Business @Berkeley - Evening and Weekend MBA Prgm, UCLA @Los Angeles FEMBA, or <pls suggest if any other good school for parttime MBA in my range>

I don't know if I am aiming too high;

I really dont want to retake my GMAT since I have a very hectic work schedule. But if the situation demands it and if I am in a very bad state than maybe I would consider.

Thanks for your time!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 13:47
For the two target EMBA programs at Haas and UCLA, I think you should be fine with the current gmat score. As you are in the same location, you should meet few people who have already done this program. Use linkedin to find alumni of these programs and get connected. You can also ask the school to put you in touch with few alumni. Focus on your essays. Thats more important now. Your story will make or break your application.

Why are you focusing on the EMBA at these two schools? If you can get a better score, you can apply to better schools for their full-time programs. Is that a viable option for you?

Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting

ypriyankha wrote:
Hi All,

2) Educational Background: Masters in Telecommunication Engineering from UtDallas, Undergrad in India, GPA 86/100%

4) Work experience: 4yrs Systems Test Engineer- Have experience in dealing with customers mainly. Can think of like a Customer support Engineer-Presently in Telecommunications company in bay Area.

5) Extra-curricular: Had been elected as Secretary of IEEE,ISTE when I was in my under graduation in India. Basically part of executive committees. Organized several international level events. Have certificates for all of them too.

5) Schools: Haas School of Business @Berkeley - Evening and Weekend MBA Prgm, UCLA @Los Angeles FEMBA, or <pls suggest if any other good school for parttime MBA in my range>

I really dont want to retake my GMAT since I have a very hectic work schedule. But if the situation demands it and if I am in a very bad state than maybe I would consider.

Thanks for your time!
Intern
Intern

Re: Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 13:56
Hi InterviewBay,

Thanks a bunch for your reply. While doing my own research in online forums/blogs/debriefs I found that 640 is very less to get into those part time programs mentioned, at Haas and UCLA. Do you offer MBA consultant services too or know of a good MBA consultant whose help I can seek for admission to these programs ? Being an engineer and located in the Bay Area, I heard that it is really tuff to compete with others who are applying for the same parttime at Haas. Also, the schools listed their average GMAT scores as 690 for parttime in their online websites so I was a little worried.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Re: Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 13:57
Fulltime doesnot seem to be a viable option for me as of date.
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 22:52
ypriyankha wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for your time!

Hi,

I believe 640 is a competitive score for the programs that you mentioned.

As far As GMAT in EMBA program is concerned, you can always defend your 640 in your optional essay.

Please understand at the current age when you are choosing to do EMBA , the adcom already knows that you have tight work schedules, so you can always defend your GMAT

Do well in your essays and believe me you are in.

You might check the options like http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke ... ntinent/... just a thought.

What you wanna do with EMBA is more important

Let me know if i could be of any help

Good Luck

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Pls Evaluate my profile for Parttime MBA- 640   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2012, 22:52