Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 06:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls evaluate my profile - Indian/F/690 /5 yrs WE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pls evaluate my profile - Indian/F/690 /5 yrs WE [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2013, 23:45
Hi, please find my details given below:

1. WE - 5. 5 yrs
Current - Head of sales and marketing at an Indian startup making educational tablets for children aged 2-10
Past 5 yrs - Management consulting in india, 2 yrs at a boutique firm and 3 yrs at Ernst & young india, type of work- business strategy, partnership formation and program management, experience across sectors, with a lot of focus on the education sector
International experience - worked in Bhutan to setup an Education city for the govt. Worked with 8+ large international (US, aussie, canadian, british etc) companies to make their India entry strategy

2. GMAT - 690 (Q49, V35)

3. Economics undergrad - Lady shriram, delhi university, 61%/First div (top 30% of the class), graduated 2006
MBA in finance, IMT ghaziabad, 6.9/10, graduated 2008 (top 30% of the class)

4. Extracurricular -
Significant leadership experience at high school
Undergrad - Captain, college volleyball team
MBA - Part of the 3 member committee overseeing all sports activities in college, won prizes at inter college competitions
At work - Given large responsibility to independently deliver on consulting projects to clients

5. Target programs - Kellogg, HBS, Stanford, INSEAD, LBS, Booth

6. Applying for R2 of all these schools for next year's / 2014 intake

7. Post mba goal - Mid management leadership role, for a vertical/business/function in a mid sized company in a high growth sector - education, technology etc, helping the business through new initiatives. Working in a funded startup which is gaining momentum would also be attractive

I'd appreciate specific feedback on the GMAT score, do you think I need to retake it to have a good chance. Also, does it affect scholarship decisions? Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-02-2013
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 9

Re: Pls evaluate my profile - Indian/F/690 /5 yrs WE [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 01:24
I donot think that you need to give GMAT again , your profile seems good to go .. but please upload detail profile mentioning you extra activities too.
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pls evaluate my profile - Indian/F/690 /5 yrs WE [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 14:59
Expert's post
MM2MM wrote:
Hi, please find my details given below:

1. WE - 5. 5 yrs
Current - Head of sales and marketing at an Indian startup making educational tablets for children aged 2-10
Past 5 yrs - Management consulting in india, 2 yrs at a boutique firm and 3 yrs at Ernst & young india, type of work- business strategy, partnership formation and program management, experience across sectors, with a lot of focus on the education sector
International experience - worked in Bhutan to setup an Education city for the govt. Worked with 8+ large international (US, aussie, canadian, british etc) companies to make their India entry strategy

2. GMAT - 690 (Q49, V35)

3. Economics undergrad - Lady shriram, delhi university, 61%/First div (top 30% of the class), graduated 2006
MBA in finance, IMT ghaziabad, 6.9/10, graduated 2008 (top 30% of the class)

4. Extracurricular -
Significant leadership experience at high school
Undergrad - Captain, college volleyball team
MBA - Part of the 3 member committee overseeing all sports activities in college, won prizes at inter college competitions
At work - Given large responsibility to independently deliver on consulting projects to clients

5. Target programs - Kellogg, HBS, Stanford, INSEAD, LBS, Booth

6. Applying for R2 of all these schools for next year's / 2014 intake

7. Post mba goal - Mid management leadership role, for a vertical/business/function in a mid sized company in a high growth sector - education, technology etc, helping the business through new initiatives. Working in a funded startup which is gaining momentum would also be attractive

I'd appreciate specific feedback on the GMAT score, do you think I need to retake it to have a good chance. Also, does it affect scholarship decisions? Thanks!

Right now all your target program are stretches. I definitely recommend a GMAT retake.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog