Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls evaluate - working in IT and school (non remunerative)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Pls evaluate - working in IT and school (non remunerative) [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 17:39
Please evaluate my profile and let me know whether my GMAT score is enough for the targetted schools or do I need to retake

Work Experience: 7 Years, will be 8 years while joining the school (planning for the 2012 intake)

Internation Exposure: 3 years 3 months. Staying in US since 2008 Jan

Current Positions:

Soltions Consultant at IT industry. Responsible for delivering the software solutions to US based client. Being in client place – US, my responsibilities include helping the businees parters to effectively identify the business requirements, assign the work to team members and and present the deliverables to business partners/Client Project Manager. Also works on pre-sales for the parent company. Managed upto 12 members team

Working (non remunerative) for a school in India as a Manager, stategy – Planning and implementation. Responsible for effectively identify and build the vision for the school, create the strategy plan to achieve the goal, and implement the plan.

GMAT: 690 Essays : 4.5

Education: Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a reputed college in India

GPA : 3.4

Extra Curricular: I was in the organization committee in several college events. performed in the skits at college events. Organized several events in the school for which I am working. Organized many Indian regional events in US, also acted in several skits in those events.

Targetted shools: INSEAD, IMD, HKUST, ISB, IIMA, IIMB
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Pls evaluate - working in IT and school (non remunerative) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 06:57
I think your GMAT should be good enough, based on the fact that your GPA is pretty solid. If I had to guess that if you were dinged from these schools, it's something else other than your GMAT score. However, while we're on the GMAT subject, if you think you can improve that by at least 30-40 points (puts you over 720+), I'd say do it. But if you don't think you can, don't worry about it and just apply.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Pls evaluate - working in IT and school (non remunerative) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 08:17
Thank you bakfed for your reply
Re: Pls evaluate - working in IT and school (non remunerative)   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2011, 08:17