Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college !

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2010, 22:47
Hi,
As from my discussions in the previous thread. I'd like to thank everyone who replied. I have come up with a more specific version of my query.
Please evaluate my profile and help me find my college !

Nationality: Indian
GMAT : 550
U.G : B.E CSE (74%)
Wrk Ex: 2 years

Country(interested to do MBA): CANADA
Program Interested: MBA ( 12 months - 15 months)
Specialization Interested: Marketing (or) Entrepreneurship
Tuition Fee (Affordable to me) : < $30,000 ( A little more might no do any harm if the college is worth that amount. But surely not above 35k)

I have laid out all my criteria and specifics. Kindly suggest me colleges for this profile.

Your contributions would be very VITAL to me. I'm confused in deciding univs. You people could be of great help.
Thanks a lot !

Regards
Karthik
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 18:43
The cheapest "big" school in Canada is John Molson at Concordia. They're in Montreal and you're GMAT is probably do-able there. Quebec schools in general are much cheaper (excluding Desautels) because of government subsidies.

The big guys in Canada (UBC, Schulich, Rotman, Ivey, Desautels, and Queen's) are all over the 30k mark for tuition. UBC is the cheapest at around 38k (last time I checked).

I know you said you liked UVic's program, but I'd also check out RRU (no GMAT required) and SFU.

If you are looking for a cheaper school, a lot of the regional schools are fairly comparable to each other. Lethbridge has a good program, but it's small city and the job prospects are not good locally. Memorial (St. John's) and Dalhousie are good schools and cheaper than the big six, but if you're not interested in those ones and want to stay in Canada afterwards, I'd strongly look at where you would want to live and look into that school. Obviously, bigger cities have better job opps after school is done, so don't count out schools like UofOttawa or UofCalgary. They just don't have the international brand schools like Rotman or Ivey do.
Intern
Intern

Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 02:17
Thanks for the reply.

To answer your specifics about my query. Yes, I am looking TO LIVE IN CANADA after graduation. As you advised i too felt deciding on the place where to stay and looking into colleges in that neighborhood would be more sensible.

Which parts of Canada would you advise me to look for universities? Which part of Canada offers good opportunities for MBA students?
Current Student

Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 11:07
Any big centre - Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Halifax, Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver. Winnipeg and Saskatoon are also options, but it's more about what appeals to you in a city. Each has pros and cons.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 13:42
If you're interested, here is a listing of every MBA program in Canada
http://www.financialpost.com/executive/ ... index.html
Intern
Intern

Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college ! [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 07:18
thanks for your reply. That list of provinces that you gave gave me a good idea of where I should be looking for my colleges !
Re: Pls evaluvate my profile - Help me find a college !   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2010, 07:18