you seem to have a pretty good resume from what I can tell. While I would of liked you to have been more specific about what it is you want to do within the field of management consulting, I do think it is a logical fit based on your current work experience. What is really going to help you is the international nature of your experience, as well as your awesome GMAT score.
I worked with a couple of IBM consultants this past year and I know they had invites from Columbia, Haas, Ross, UCLA and a few others. While both were living in the United States, each had grown up overseas. So they have somewhat similar backgrounds to yours and they were very successful under my tutelage.so with your background, I would definitely target the schools as well as other programs that emphasize an international experience -- namely Dartmouth and Duke. I think a stretch would be Wharton, but I do think that it is worth applying. I think you may also want to take a closer look at MIT. Safe schools would be UCLA and perhaps an NYU.
I hope this helps.
How many schools should be ideally applied in one round ? I am giving a brief description of my profile. Could you help me in categorising schools that would fall into the following criteria and also any other tips for the admission process:
- Stretch or dream schools
- Reach schools
- Safe bet schools
GMAT Score: 760 (v 44/q 49)
1. 5 years in IBM as an IT consultant, providing technology solutions to my client at&t.
2. Currently a team lead of 7 members.
3. Have almost 2 years of international experience i.e in US.
4. Have won 4 awards in 5 years.
Career Goals: Want to a career in Consulting.
Undergraduate Degree: Mechanical Engineering in NIT Silchar, class of 2006
CPA : 8.5/10 i.e 8.5 in a scale of 10.
Leadership and Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Co founder of organization HOPES to educate underprivileged children during my college days. Unfortunately could not keep the organization alive after college days.
2. Currently a member of a similar organization .viz HELP.
3. Was the prefect in college hostel. Have organised events and provided internet facility in my hostel.
Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | email@example.com | 877.866.9251
Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog
Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton