Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 02:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls help in researching schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Pls help in researching schools [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2011, 21:25
Hi

How many schools should be ideally applied in one round ? I am giving a brief description of my profile. Could you help me in categorising schools that would fall into the following criteria and also any other tips for the admission process:

- Stretch or dream schools
- Reach schools
- Safe bet schools

Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 760 (v 44/q 49)

Work Ex:
1. 5 years in IBM as an IT consultant, providing technology solutions to my client at&t.
2. Currently a team lead of 7 members.
3. Have almost 2 years of international experience i.e in US.
4. Have won 4 awards in 5 years.

Career Goals: Want to a career in Consulting.

Undergraduate Degree: Mechanical Engineering in NIT Silchar, class of 2006

CPA : 8.5/10 i.e 8.5 in a scale of 10.

Leadership and Extra Curricular Activities:

1. Co founder of organization HOPES to educate underprivileged children during my college days. Unfortunately could not keep the organization alive after college days.

2. Currently a member of a similar organization .viz HELP.

3. Was the prefect in college hostel. Have organised events and provided internet facility in my hostel.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pls help in researching schools [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 18:19
Expert's post
While you are indeed coming from a very large applicant pool, your 760 GMAT will really help you stand out. Especially if you can get some interviews and prove that you are normal and not some kind of braniac without a personality, it will really get you far. Demonstrate your employability and show your history of working in teams to help convince the adcoms that you'd be a good addition to the class. you could really take a swing at just about any school, but only because the Indian male IT pool is so large, I would recommend you apply to at least 4 or five schools in the first round to be safe. Let us know if we can help. I have a lot of experience with Indian clients and helping them stand out.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews