An overview of my profile is given below - would greatly appreciate inputs on schools to apply to.
Im planning to apply for the Fall 2014 class.
Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal University - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude (gpa - 9.1/10)
Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.65/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)
GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA - 6
Working as a Consultant (Energy) in one of the Big 4 consulting firms since June 2012
- Roles include client acquisition support, on-ground client management, engagement execution, strategic solution design & thought leadership initiatives
- Took up some out-of-work initiatives such as developing a rotation program for new recruits, etc.
- I volunteer some of my time (about 4-5 days a month) in the community engagement activities of NGOs that have partnered with my firm
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and suggestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of my Masters project.
Positions of Responsibility:
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, acting as a liaison between students & administration, etc.
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja (all terrain vehicle) to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament
Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat??
I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or strategy. I aim to work in the field of energy/ energy consulting post-mba.
Thanks in advance!!