Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q35  V13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q35  V13
Send PM
Re: Pls help me to solve this problem !!!!!!!!! [#permalink]
Some times it is just little careless mistake in math.

gmatkoopa wrote:
When you get a question wrong, or if you guess, or if you take too long to solve it, do the following:

1. Record what question it was, the question type and what mistake you made (timing, didn't know approach etc.)
2. Read the explanation carefully, multiple times if necessary, until you are confident that you could get the question right if it was asked again
3. Periodically return to your list of missed questions and redo them, making sure you can solve them quickly and accurately
4. See if your missed questions have any pattern (all DS number property questions for instance)

This approach is commonly known as an error log (search the forums for some good examples).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
 Q49  V29 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
Send PM
I'd say that you should mark the question, then look for the solutions, pin point your mistake, and then proceed with other questions and refrain from committing the same mistake again. When your preparation is done and you are ready to take up the GMAT , you can revisit the questions you did wrong.

I hope this helps.

Zuber
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
tracyyahoo wrote:
Some times it is just little careless mistake in math.

gmatkoopa wrote:
When you get a question wrong, or if you guess, or if you take too long to solve it, do the following:

1. Record what question it was, the question type and what mistake you made (timing, didn't know approach etc.)
2. Read the explanation carefully, multiple times if necessary, until you are confident that you could get the question right if it was asked again
3. Periodically return to your list of missed questions and redo them, making sure you can solve them quickly and accurately
4. See if your missed questions have any pattern (all DS number property questions for instance)

This approach is commonly known as an error log (search the forums for some good examples).

You betcha we have all been there. When there's the pressure of time - accuracy goes haywire.

Don't ignore the careless mistakes! They can bring your score down faster than you say G M A T .

Make sure to the read the question very carefully and written down the given stuff on the paper to keep track!
Manager
Manager
 Q35  V13
Send PM
Thank you you guys, I think will try to do more than 2000 math questions, hope I can get 55 in quant.
GMAT Club Bot