Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pls help my gmat strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pls help my gmat strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 06:08
Now I stuck at score 550, but don't know how to improve.

here are my things, pls help me.

(1) I redid the prep2 and prep1 several times to get 700+, sometimes I get 700+ sometimes don't.
But the thing is, If I do it repeatedly, there are some new questions I can learn from, but hard questions's answer that I already know and I chose them, no matter what I still get 700+ anyway.But if I don't do this test repeatedly, I don't what material I can use to help me improve to 700+,

(2) Then you would say OG or manhanten materials, however I think when I do OG, (well, most of questions I already did and I know the answer), I am very confident at doing them, and I think I alraedy memories all the key points, there is no need for to redo OG again and again, I think it won't help to get 700+. Manhanten materials as well.

Here I come up strategy,

(1) I redo the prep1 and prep2 several times , and memerozie all the key knowledge points, and review them. Then I do the manhanten free test to get my score.

Does it helpful for me to get 700+ in real test.???

Right now I am fighting this test alone, and I quit my job to do it, and I really can't fail this time, but more I think about it I think more I will lose. I don't know what to do???

Pls help me and give me some advice, good or bad, all ok.

ps: Pls don't doubt I am wrong ,because when I do OG questions and memorize all points and do again and it is very easy to get all the answers right, but when I do the prep test on computer, I can't do all the questions right, that why I choose to do prep test to improve myself.

but I know that, gmat test is like there are several difficult questions you need to 100% get it right, otherwise it is impossible for you to get high score, and it is also psycological test, when you meet a difficult question, there will be another harder question come. So when I do the prep I already know the answer, but when I do the new test, I failed. then I look up the explanation, WOW, if I thought that way at beginning then I would get high scores.

Now I really frightened because I STUCK AT BOTTLE NECK and don't know how to improve myself not to get afraid of difficult questions.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Pls help my gmat strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 07:44
tuyingjie2012,

I'm in the same boat as you! I need to get a 650 on the GMAT and I take it in 6 days. I got a 510 on the first gmat practice test and I took one last night and got a 550. I have been studying for almost two months and I use Revolution Prep as a practice course and I also use the OG guide but not as much as my Revolution Prep online course. I got 23 out of 37 verbal right and I got 28 out of 41 right on the practice test from GMAT Prep last night. Are there any suggestions to how I can get higher in the next week? Are there certain things that I absolutely should focus on more than others? For instance what will be on the GMAT in abundance? I need a 600 bare minimum but 650 would allow me to go to a lot of different places for my PhD. I'm in need of some help bad and I work 8 to 5 but am willing to spend 6 pm to 12 every night to studying more but I want to make sure I'm studying the right way and I dont know what that is anymore...I'm so down about this and feel like I'm going to to bad next saturday...Any words of advice on how to attack the next five days?
Re: Pls help my gmat strategy   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2011, 07:44