Request you all to please provide your expert advice for my GMAT exam, scheduled in July IInd week.
Really need this help from all of you, as I am very disappointed and losing hope for 700+My profile :
Male 32, non native English speaker from India, with average quant skills like any Indian guy. Initial score from GMAT 530 (Q 36, V27) (one month back)Preparation done so far :
1. Read Manhanttan SC (twice). Tried to learn and remember SC rules and Idioms. Done ONE round of SC problems
from OG 12
, 11, 10 and Kaplan
. <Still feel very uncomfortable>
2. Read Powerscore for CR. Done ONE round of SC problems from OG 12
, 11, 10. <Feel comfortable>
3. RC – Currently doing problems from GC 12 <Have not put much efforts yet. Feel uncomfortable>
4. Quant – Gone through Manhattan Basic 8 quant guides. Did decent number of problems from OG 12
comfortable with avg. level problems, but face issue with tough problems>My Current Situation & Pain Areas :
1. Daily I am putting around 3 hours for study. Maintaining error logs for all areas. Taken 2,3 GMAT test, did not feel
much issue with timings (although my results are always poor)
2. In verbal section, I get more errors in SC and RC questions as compare to CR. Infact I feel more confident about
CR, as compare to SC and RC.
3. Especially for SC have put in lot of efforts till now, after doing first round of questions from OG 10
,11,12, did revise
every wrong ques, but still in second round, not great improvement is there. I am still making lots of errors.
4. For RC, have not put in so much efforts till now. Planning to start with this section now.Suggestions Looking for :
1. Is it OK to use OG 10
, 11 and 12 all the three editions or shall I just stick to OG 12th
? My idea was to do lots of
quality questions and thought OG only as a source for it.
2. What exact steps I should take to improve my SC part ? <This is most important to me. Pls put only proven
concrete steps, as I am running out of time>
3. Exactly how should I direct my efforts in Quant section to reach upto Q51 level. This is a necessity for me, as I
don’t hope much from Verbal section.
4. I still have 2 months in hand before exam. How should I use this time to make best out of it ?
Request you all to please guide me to persue my dream.