Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 719 [14]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63658 [5]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
General Discussion
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [3]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 391
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GPA: 1.9
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxora—its new mo [#permalink]
baer wrote:
A. because what if those sales are really high for that time of year, what if sales in September usually spike? Seeing how many cars are typically sold during a certain time of year is the best way to forcast future sales.

why c can't be the answer. If answer to this o'ption is yes: sale shall be low . of vice versa. Please explain.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Re: Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxora—its new mo [#permalink]
Kudos
A. Probably could have gotten it right without even reading the rest of the questions, but doing that has backfired on me boefre.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 260 [4]
Given Kudos: 303
Send PM
Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxora—its new mo [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
jet1445 wrote:
Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxora—its new model of sedan—in June. Last week, National released sales figures for the summer months of June, July, and August that showed that by the end of August only 80,000 Luxoras had been sold. Therefore, National will probably not meet its target of selling 500,000 Luxoras in the model’s first twelve months.

Which of the following would be most useful to establish in order to evaluate the analyst’s prediction?

A. Whether new-car sales are typically lower in the summer months than at any other time of the year

B. Whether National Motors currently produces more cars than any other automaker

C. Whether the Luxora is significantly more expensive than other models produced by National Motors

D. Whether National Motors has introduced a new model in June in any previous year

E. Whether National Motors will suffer serious financial losses if it fails to meet its sales goal for the Luxora

Use variance test ....

Conclusion :- National will probably not meet its target of selling 500,000 Luxoras in the model’s first twelve months.

Yes...new-car sales are typically lower in the summer months than at any other time of the year

Then the conclusion gets HURT. National will probably meet its target.

No ...new-car sales are NOT typically lower in the summer months than at any other time of the year

Then the conclusion gets HELPED. National will probably not meet its target.

With YES and NO , both HELP and HURT are happening.
Option A is the best and correct.

VeritasKarishma
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1962
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
jet1445 wrote:
Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxora—its new model of sedan—in June. Last week, National released sales figures for the summer months of June, July, and August that showed that by the end of August only 80,000 Luxoras had been sold. Therefore, National will probably not meet its target of selling 500,000 Luxoras in the model’s first twelve months.

Which of the following would be most useful to establish in order to evaluate the analyst’s prediction?

A. Whether new-car sales are typically lower in the summer months than at any other time of the year

B. Whether National Motors currently produces more cars than any other automaker

C. Whether the Luxora is significantly more expensive than other models produced by National Motors

D. Whether National Motors has introduced a new model in June in any previous year

E. Whether National Motors will suffer serious financial losses if it fails to meet its sales goal for the Luxora

one silly question

how can we be sure that "June-August" are summer months?

because i guess there are parts of world where these months are coldest of all or temperature is lower than other months.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 599
Send PM
shubham2312 wrote:
jet1445 wrote:

one silly question

how can we be sure that "June-August" are summer months?

because i guess there are parts of world where these months are coldest of all or temperature is lower than other months.

You have a point.
However, it's clearly stated in the question: that " Last week, National released sales figures for the summer months of June, July, and August that ..."

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Veritas karishma GMATNinja

Posted from my mobile device
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Send PM
Re: Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxoraits new mo [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Business Analyst: National Motors began selling the Luxoraits new mo [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts