Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 15:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Plz evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Ross '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Plz evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2013, 20:19
Hi,

1. Profile: Indian/26/ Chemical Engineer from IIT Delhi/CFA Level 1

2. Work-ex: 4 years (as of today); work experience in Investment Banking at Deutsche Bank (2.5 yrs) and UBS (1.5 yrs) (in Mumbai). Worked on 5 deals with a total transaction value of over $2bn (M&A team covering Southeast Asia)

3. GMAT Score: 700 (50,33) [first attempt; please recommend if I need to reappear] ; AWA score awaited.

4. Academics: 7.32/10 CGPA. B.Tech IIT Delhi

5. International experience: 6 months in Singapore and HK

7. Entrepreneurial initiative: co-founded samwaad, a non-profit organization to bring together students and alumni of diverse engineering colleges across India; to provide them information regarding new scholarships, internships and give career guidance in general. Sort of a forum.

8. Extra Curriculars:

Community service -
A. Conducted talent search among 300 underprivileged children from NGOs, slums & remand homes; Organized a public show of their talent with Chief Minister of Bihar as the chief guest; publicised in leading print and electronic media, leading to financial aid to 3 children by the State
B. Associated with Super 30, a non-profit initiative to provide free tutions to poor students for IIT JEE, financially backed by a major corporate of India.
C. Teaching underprivileged children in part time at an NGO
D. Active member of National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India

Sports:
A. Led the school team to win in district-level tournament, awarded with best bowler trophy
B Won gold, bronze & silver medals in the inter-hostel championships in 2005, '06 & '07
C. Part of the Company cricket team; won first position in inter-company cricket tournament, held in 2010

9. Leadership:

A. Event Coordinator, Tryst 2008 - Headed 4 activity heads and 10 volunteers to organize MOD-SIM- The Modeling & Simulation Contest, achieved great success with four fold increase in participation
B. Internal publication Secretary in college
C. Activity Head, cultural festival, IIT Delhi: Led a team of 4 team-heads & 20 volunteers to manage accommodation of more than 1000 participants
D. Part of training committee in my company

Target schools: NYU (Stern), Virginia (Darden), Yale, Cornell (Johnson), other finance heavy universities.

Post MBA: Want to continue in financial services (investment banking, private equity); corporate roles in M&A departments/corporate finance
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Plz evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 14:49
Expert's post
roushan0717 wrote:
Hi,

1. Profile: Indian/26/ Chemical Engineer from IIT Delhi/CFA Level 1

2. Work-ex: 4 years (as of today); work experience in Investment Banking at Deutsche Bank (2.5 yrs) and UBS (1.5 yrs) (in Mumbai). Worked on 5 deals with a total transaction value of over $2bn (M&A team covering Southeast Asia)

3. GMAT Score: 700 (50,33) [first attempt; please recommend if I need to reappear] ; AWA score awaited.

4. Academics: 7.32/10 CGPA. B.Tech IIT Delhi

5. International experience: 6 months in Singapore and HK

7. Entrepreneurial initiative: co-founded samwaad, a non-profit organization to bring together students and alumni of diverse engineering colleges across India; to provide them information regarding new scholarships, internships and give career guidance in general. Sort of a forum.

8. Extra Curriculars:

Community service -
A. Conducted talent search among 300 underprivileged children from NGOs, slums & remand homes; Organized a public show of their talent with Chief Minister of Bihar as the chief guest; publicised in leading print and electronic media, leading to financial aid to 3 children by the State
B. Associated with Super 30, a non-profit initiative to provide free tutions to poor students for IIT JEE, financially backed by a major corporate of India.
C. Teaching underprivileged children in part time at an NGO
D. Active member of National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India

Sports:
A. Led the school team to win in district-level tournament, awarded with best bowler trophy
B Won gold, bronze & silver medals in the inter-hostel championships in 2005, '06 & '07
C. Part of the Company cricket team; won first position in inter-company cricket tournament, held in 2010

9. Leadership:

A. Event Coordinator, Tryst 2008 - Headed 4 activity heads and 10 volunteers to organize MOD-SIM- The Modeling & Simulation Contest, achieved great success with four fold increase in participation
B. Internal publication Secretary in college
C. Activity Head, cultural festival, IIT Delhi: Led a team of 4 team-heads & 20 volunteers to manage accommodation of more than 1000 participants
D. Part of training committee in my company

Target schools: NYU (Stern), Virginia (Darden), Yale, Cornell (Johnson), other finance heavy universities.

Post MBA: Want to continue in financial services (investment banking, private equity); corporate roles in M&A departments/corporate finance

NYU Stern is a stretch. You have a competitive profile for the other schools on your list. You may also want to consider UCLA and Duke.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog