Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

plz evaluate my profile !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

plz evaluate my profile !!! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2005, 05:34
I am a final year undergraduate Electronic Engineering student at a prominent university in the UK with a GMAT of 720, AWA 5.0 . I've consistently been in the top 2% of my class and was a research intern at Siemens Corporate Research in the US this summer. I have a pretty good/varied extra curricular record- (National junior champion in a particular sport in a particular country, Captain/Member of three sports teams at school/university for several years, Chief Editor of the hall magazine and a stint on the student council as secretary). If it counts, I'm 21 and have spent my life in seven countries ( three years each !!) and am well versed in five languages. I'm keen on doing an MBA but would the lack of any work experience spell doom for my application or can I still be hopeful of an admit ? I'm planning on applying to a few MBA programs in the US,including the likes of Harvard and Stanford etc.
What do you think are my chances ?

Thanks a lot
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: plz evaluate my profile !!! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2005, 17:57
Expert's post
lefty wrote:
I am a final year undergraduate Electronic Engineering student at a prominent university in the UK with a GMAT of 720, AWA 5.0 . I've consistently been in the top 2% of my class and was a research intern at Siemens Corporate Research in the US this summer. I have a pretty good/varied extra curricular record- (National junior champion in a particular sport in a particular country, Captain/Member of three sports teams at school/university for several years, Chief Editor of the hall magazine and a stint on the student council as secretary). If it counts, I'm 21 and have spent my life in seven countries ( three years each !!) and am well versed in five languages. I'm keen on doing an MBA but would the lack of any work experience spell doom for my application or can I still be hopeful of an admit ? I'm planning on applying to a few MBA programs in the US,including the likes of Harvard and Stanford etc.
What do you think are my chances ?

Thanks a lot

You have a chance at these schools. They like young stars with strong academics, internships, stellar extra-curriculars, and an international streak to boot. You may also want to consider Wharton, Columbia, and UCLA. These schools are all welcomeing younger applicants.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog