I am a over represented Indian IT male, i have a work ex of 1.3 years
1 year with a NGO and after that i have joined a Top IT MNC company as a software engineer, but as Indian IT pool is so big, i am trying to move to banking sector after 1 yr.
My extracurricular activities
-->I was very much involved in my college activates was head of 2-3 groups
--> won several chess competitions at college and State level
--> Presented paper at national conferences and won several inter universities paper competitions during college time.
--> have done my 6 month internship in Business development department of a IT company.
I have scored 70% in my B.Tech (80% was the highest) From a 60 year old college and considered as a good college . i have scored 65% ,65% in my 12th and 10th respectively.
My GMAT journey:
i have given GMAT 3 times
--->Scored 570 on my 1st attempt last year
---->Scored 670 on my 2nd attempt March,2009
---->my 3rd attempt was on 2nd august 2009 and scored
700 (50Q,34V) 93%,68% over all 90%,AWA just 4
I am looking to for Feb or sep 2011 class of MBA , please tell me
1) Keeping in mind that i cannot give GMAT again please tell me how should i work on my profile? Should join NGO's ? as GMAT is only one of the criteria ,so i think if i present a good profile i can be in good MBA college.
2) My verbal and AWA score is Not good please tell me how to compensate it , ya i will try to get good LOR but apart that should I enrole some diploma course in English or some course, please suggest ....I have 2 yrs in hand and want to cover-up my each and every week sector.
3) My Degree grade is in % not in GPA, tell me what does 70% means in the eyes of adcom's or what is the conversion of 70%??
4) is swapping from IT company to Banking sector is good idea? i am trying to get a assistant manger job in Bank,,, is it fine ??
5) What do you think are the realistic colleges for me either in US or Uk keeping in mind of 2011 class.
Any suggestions are welcomed.....!! 'n' at last thanks a lot for reading my boring post.....