Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

plz rate my essay only 18 days to go!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 82

plz rate my essay only 18 days to go! [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 09:40
Some people believe that university should be acquired to attend class.other blv that going to clas shud b optional,which point do u agree with?

University is place where people come from different culture, background or religion, but consider a part of the class as a student. When a student use to go university he or she expect a advisor who teaches him/her like his son/daughter, a good faculty and management, and a clean and safe place, However,many classes has become online, and many things have been accessible on internet ,a students expectation from a university has increase to certain level, I believe university should be acquired to attend class rather than should be optional, on certain valid assumptions and reasoning.
First reason is, University consists of many students ,as already mentioned, who has different religions, background, and mindsets , so a university may not give a person only bookish knowledge, but a knowledge about different culture and a student may see the world in broader contexts, increase students capability to understand and analyse diffent mindset, and diffent students have different skills, ideas,opinion about a one topic, and it will increase in sharing of ideas with eachother ,knows each other skills and try to learn from eachother,therefore university does not boost up only management skills or bookish knowledge it will increase once knowledge in different context too, so university should acquired for every students.
Second reason is ,there is an advisor or professor in university who evaluate a person’s strength and weakness, who judges a student capability and provide those tasks to that student related to his/her capability, it would be effective for a student to chose to go for class and university’s responsibity to make it required for a student to attend class,for example an optional for student to attend class will not allow students to know what he is, what its strengths are? And what kind of future career or skills he need to grow up for carrer developemt? These questions will be unanswered until there will be not required for student to attend the class.
To sum up above given reasons I would say, there is need for student advisor, need for a person to attend class, However giving person an optional for attending the class would be like free a children from his/her parents in society where there is no ethics ,or culture where those children would be adopting bad manners or attitude because they are not being consulting or being teaching what is good and what is bad.

Bole So Nehal.. Sat Siri Akal.. Waheguru ji help me to get 700+ score !

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: plz rate my essay only 18 days to go! [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:06
hey, your essay is not easy to understand. you need to use simpler structures and convey ideas more clearly. besides, you make silly mistakes like forgetting to put 's' in the end of some verbs. I believe the question prompt you provided is not correct as well :). I also think you shouldn't be using contractions, like blv, shud b etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 82

Re: plz rate my essay only 18 days to go! [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:20
here is the question:
some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes other believe that going to classes should be optional for students.which point of view you agree with? use specific reasons and example to support your answer.

WantGMAT800 wrote:
hey, your essay is not easy to understand. you need to use simpler structures and convey ideas more clearly. besides, you make silly mistakes like forgetting to put 's' in the end of some verbs. I believe the question prompt you provided is not correct as well :). I also think you shouldn't be using contractions, like blv, shud b etc.

should not use contractionS??

bt we have to go with one thing..should i not use..I believe??
yeah i agree there are grammer mistakes i will try to improve..
can u tell me how can improve on those things that u have mentioed?

Bole So Nehal.. Sat Siri Akal.. Waheguru ji help me to get 700+ score !

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: plz rate my essay only 18 days to go! [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:21
sanjoo wrote:
here is the question:
some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes other believe that going to classes should be optional for students.which point of view you agree with? use specific reasons and example to support your answer.

WantGMAT800 wrote:

should not use contractionS??

bt we have to go with one thing..should i not use..I believe??
yeah i agree there are grammer mistakes i will try to improve..
can u tell me how can improve on those things that u have mentioed?

By writing a lot, I guess :). Paying attention to details.
Re: plz rate my essay only 18 days to go!   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2012, 10:21