Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 16:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Points A,B,C and D are distinct points lying on a circle

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 2919
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

Points A,B,C and D are distinct points lying on a circle [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2006, 14:26
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 100% (00:33) wrong based on 2 sessions
Points A,B,C and D are distinct points lying on a circle with centre O, as shown. What is the degree measure of angle DOC?

1. Angle AOB = 70 degree
2. Angle AEB = 120 degree
Attachments

Circle.JPG
Circle.JPG [ 7.38 KiB | Viewed 1037 times ]


_________________

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 82
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2006, 14:47
Easy C.

We dont have to really find the angle in question but just know that the locations of all points of the circumference can be defined by 1 and 2 combined.

First statement fixes points A and B. Statement 2 fixes points C and D for a unique location of all four points.

Nice question.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 2919
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2006, 15:04
rbcola wrote:
Easy C.

We dont have to really find the angle in question but just know that the locations of all points of the circumference can be defined by 1 and 2 combined.

First statement fixes points A and B. Statement 2 fixes points C and D for a unique location of all four points.

Nice question.

Could you tell me the degree measure? Its not all about the answer. Its about learning new concepts.
_________________

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008


Last edited by ps_dahiya on 21 Jul 2006, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Instructor
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 1269
Location: Madrid
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2006, 15:12
Great question! We should write a book together... :P
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 82
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2006, 15:31
OK.

angle DOC = 170

Arc AB = 70 degrees

Angle DEC = (Arc AB + Arc DC)/2

Solving for Arc DC we get 170

Therefore angle DOC = 170 degrees
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Posts: 759
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2006, 19:52
Can someone please point out a resource that teaches this concept?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Location: London
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2006, 15:08
Futuristic wrote:
Can someone please point out a resource that teaches this concept?

I second that - ps_dahiya, do you know any resource that explains this concept, and other similar concepts.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 2919
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2006, 19:37
xsports wrote:
Futuristic wrote:
Can someone please point out a resource that teaches this concept?

I second that - ps_dahiya, do you know any resource that explains this concept, and other similar concepts.


I read it from below link and then made the question myself. :wink:
http://regentsprep.org/Regents/mathb/5A ... Angles.htm

All these links were psoted by giddi77.

http://www.saltire.com/applets/equangle/equangle.htm
http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/geo/index.html
_________________

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Location: London
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2006, 00:02
ps_dahiya wrote:
xsports wrote:
Futuristic wrote:
Can someone please point out a resource that teaches this concept?

I second that - ps_dahiya, do you know any resource that explains this concept, and other similar concepts.


I read it from below link and then made the question myself. :wink:
http://regentsprep.org/Regents/mathb/5A ... Angles.htm

All these links were psoted by giddi77.

http://www.saltire.com/applets/equangle/equangle.htm
http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/geo/index.html


Cheers matey. You are a star.
Whereabouts in India are you from?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: DS: Circle Angles [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 07:02
I don't quite understand this answer. Can someone explain this clearly please?
Re: DS: Circle Angles   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2011, 07:02
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 If distinct points A, B, C, and D form a right triangle ABC far257 9 10 Aug 2011, 07:44
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic D is a point on side AC of ABC. Is ABC is isosceles? (1) The devashish 7 03 Jul 2010, 15:44
In the figure above, D is a point on side AC of ?ABC. mst 3 14 Oct 2006, 08:37
D is a point on the side AC of a triangle ABC. Is ABC Priti 9 17 Aug 2005, 11:05
In the figure above, D is a point on side AC of ?ABC. ritledge 6 11 Apr 2005, 16:10
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Points A,B,C and D are distinct points lying on a circle

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.