Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

How long do you plan to study for the GMAT?

• 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 26% [6]
  • 65% [15]
  • 0% [0]
  • 8% [2]
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 539

Kudos [?]: 2280 [1] , given: 31

POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 14:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
How much time do you anticipate spending on studying for the GMAT? And/or, how much time did you spend studying for the GMAT?

Here's a list of study schedules for different lengths of time:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/gmat-study-schedule/

Questions about how long to study?
Experts --- any thoughts on this question?

Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Last edited by mikemcgarry on 28 Mar 2013, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor

Re: POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
BM wrote:
The most common study plan that I observe lasts about three months. In my case, however, this schedule did not suffice. I needed four to five months of intense study - and I'm glad that I went with this approach.

Yes, that does sound like a good amount of time. For example, with the Magoosh plans, we call a "three month" study plan, but of course if you devoted more time to review or spaced out the work a little to accommodate a full time job, it could easily fill 4-5 months. It does look like that's the "winning slot" in the poll at the moment. (Of course, what are the chances that someone who is planning to study only for a week or two even would find this poll?)

BM wrote:
I noticed that you asked how long people anticipate to study, rather than how long they actually studied. Was this deliberate? Either way, this is an interesting question and I look forward to seeing the full results!

You know, originally I said it that way because I though the majority of folks roaming around on GMAT club would be here because they have yet to take the test. I changed the wording above, because of course I am interested in folks who have finished their studying also.

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor

Re: POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 08:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
RyanCJW wrote:
Started intense studying last July. Took off in November until I decided to re-take in Feb (so about 3 months off) and will be taking again in June/July depending on how I do on the practice tests.

Ryan,
You might consider the study plans I posted above. Also, you might be interested in this post:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/how-hard-is-the-gmat/
Best of luck to you!

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 16:42
Expert's post
The most common study plan that I observe lasts about three months. In my case, however, this schedule did not suffice. I needed four to five months of intense study - and I'm glad that I went with this approach.

mikemcgarry wrote:
Questions about how long to study?
Experts --- any thoughts on this question?

I noticed that you asked how long people anticipate to study, rather than how long they actually studied. Was this deliberate? Either way, this is an interesting question and I look forward to seeing the full results!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 13:01
Started intense studying last July. Took off in November until I decided to re-take in Feb (so about 3 months off) and will be taking again in June/July depending on how I do on the practice tests.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Re: POLL: How long do you plan to study for the GMAT?   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 13:01