Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

poor scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

poor scores [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2004, 07:45
Hi everybody.
I just took the GMAT again and got a score < 600. This was my 2nd attempt. I have done many tests (probably atleast 25 ) and gone through IMS, Kaplan, Princeton, 800 SCORE, CRACK GMAT and most recently Manhattan GMAT(course material). over the last 5 months.
Does any body think that I have a chance at improving my score? or should I give up? I dont feel like giving up yet coz all my practise test scores have been good , always above 650 (except Kaplan). [Princeton scores have been 670-740. Manhattan GMAT scores 670-690. My PowerPrep score PP1 780 ; PP2 780.....of course, after reading the Official Guide. ]
But in the actual test I dont know what goes wrong.....
Does anybody think that my score can improve atleast 100 points with a next attempt......

Does ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VERITAS COURSES? Only the 1 week intensive course is offered in my city in the US. How does this compare with the full course of 7 weeks? I would prefer the 7 week course coz the 1 week course seems like it may cram up too much in too little time.

Please provide me with some input.

A DEJECTED SWATH20
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2004, 08:43
What kind of problem do you usually face with when taking the real GMAT though? If you have problem when timing, then work on it, time yourself. Also, you may want to switch test center. I don't know for sure, but different test center may result different score. Who know? I mean why not try it.
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2004, 06:59
Swath20, there are several good questions here on GMAT club that you can use for practice. Paul, Praet and others have given great study tips, do go over those threads.

Goodluck! :gl
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Don't give up [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2004, 21:20
Hi, Swath20

Don't give up...... I can see some people right here they can break the GMAT eventually!!! Most of the ones who get 7xx in their 3rd or 4th attempts!!!

Actually I did well from the practice tests but got a very poor result yesterday.....530.... :oops: :roll: Really frustrated!!! :? It really takes time to recover.... But anyway, don't lose confidence. For me, the most important thing is that I am capable to do so!!! So I think I can get my target if I prepare for the test more and practice more!!!

I hope you do so...... So, work hard!!! Don't give up!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Thanks for the encouragement [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2004, 06:21
Hi,

ghoc0010,gayathri and Hcgmat thanks for your encouragement and help. I Hope to do well in my next attempt. Thanks once again.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: poor scores [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2005, 00:12
swath20 wrote:
Hi everybody.
I just took the GMAT again and got a score < 600. This was my 2nd attempt. I have done many tests (probably atleast 25 ) and gone through IMS, Kaplan, Princeton, 800 SCORE, CRACK GMAT and most recently Manhattan GMAT(course material). over the last 5 months.
Does any body think that I have a chance at improving my score? or should I give up? I dont feel like giving up yet coz all my practise test scores have been good , always above 650 (except Kaplan). [Princeton scores have been 670-740. Manhattan GMAT scores 670-690. My PowerPrep score PP1 780 ; PP2 780.....of course, after reading the Official Guide. ]
But in the actual test I dont know what goes wrong.....
Does anybody think that my score can improve atleast 100 points with a next attempt......

Does ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VERITAS COURSES? Only the 1 week intensive course is offered in my city in the US. How does this compare with the full course of 7 weeks? I would prefer the 7 week course coz the 1 week course seems like it may cram up too much in too little time.

Please provide me with some input.

A DEJECTED SWATH20

Swath definetly do not give up. I had the exact same experience when i took the gmat the first time. Great prep scores, but bombed the real deal. For this next version i am going to use a very targeted approach and really utilize the advice on this board. I am sure I will get the score i am looking for, and if not, well, I will take it again because no freaking test is going to keep me from my dreams.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2005, 06:17
Swath20:
Don't get dejected at all. Just Fight. I go by the words "Impossible is Nothing".
Just fight and get it.
Give a break of about 1 month. Then start your preparation. I'm sure your Scores would Differ(especially PP scores). The only reason for the break is to bury over the past and then to refresh yourself.
Probably when you start working on OG, you should analyze each answer, the reason behind it, even though you were correct.
I don't know the break up of your scores. But as everyone say, do work on the drawbacks. Another reason could be the Exam Fear itself(Over cautious and trying to excel).
Give a long break before taking the next GMAT(It would be worth of the time and effort).
BTW, do you remember your scores in KAPLAN? You seem to have got very decent scores in PR.
Take Care,
all the best.
sleek
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2005, 16:42
I feel ya. I just took my second exam today and scored below a 600 for the second time as well. I'm sure we'll both make it through all this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2005, 10:29
Thanx for the kind words and encouragement.
  [#permalink] 19 Jan 2005, 10:29