Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Porfile Evaluation Request. Low GMAT in 2nd attempt

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q39 V27
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Porfile Evaluation Request. Low GMAT in 2nd attempt [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 19:20
Hello everybody.
I would really love some thoughts on my situation and what to do.
I am 34 years old, I am from Argentina. Currently I am leaving in New York with my girlfriend, she is american and we are getting engage in the next months, hopefully. I have a little bit more than 15 years of working experience including, multinational companies, medium size companies, small companies, family business, my own business (created and sold, twice), etc.
At the beginning of this journey my only concern was to get into one top 10/15 b-school, not so sure why though, maybe because my friends did it, maybe because the branding and the prestigious, but somehow in between my mind made a click and I realized that I don't need to enter a top 10 b-school to fulfill my dream and my ultimate goal that is to create my own company in Europe or US. Certainly after my disappointing second attempt on the GMAT scoring 550 (V27 Q39) my chances narrowed down to a minimum. To make the long story, short, what I am looking for now is: one year MBA programs in the US Northeast Coast or West Coast, France, UK and Spain in which are focused on entrepreneurship. I don't want to take the GMAT again. I am done with that part of the process. My questions then are:
-should I apply to any top 10 school anyway?
-should I apply to any US b-school on 3rd or 4th round at all?
-should I only focus on the Europe b-schools, that are more flexible and with an older age average?
-which are the b-schools mainly focus on entrepreneurship and in which my profile would fit in more accordingly?
I would really appreciate any help on these regards.
Best
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 540 [0], given: 29

Re: Porfile Evaluation Request. Low GMAT in 2nd attempt [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 01:50
Expert's post
Hey there, thanks for dropping by...
Let me get straight into your questions

-should I apply to any top 10 school anyway? The only way you would have a chance is if your work experience is really exceptional - I mea if those two companies you sold are huge, yeah maybe. Otherwise applying with a 550 is suicide. I know you really don't want to, but still you should think about retaking if you REALLY want to do this MBA. I mean, from first glance your WE looks very very good. So you'd have a shot. But not with a 550.

-should I apply to any US b-school on 3rd or 4th round at all?
You wouldn't get into any that would be worth the money.

-should I only focus on the Europe b-schools, that are more flexible and with an older age average?
Not only!! But yes it's a good idea to think about european schools. You can also look at the best US EMBA program,s which might fit your needs I feel. Whatever you do, you still need a better GMAT.

-which are the b-schools mainly focus on entrepreneurship and in which my profile would fit in more accordingly?
Pretty much all schools have entrepreneurship in their program - INSEAD, Cambridge, Oxford, Babson would be places to start looking at.

Hope this helps! And let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q39 V27
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Porfile Evaluation Request. Low GMAT in 2nd attempt [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:26
Thank you very much Jon. I will research the schools you mentioned, maybe give a 2nd thought on the GMAT issue and make a decision.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 540 [0], given: 29

Re: Porfile Evaluation Request. Low GMAT in 2nd attempt [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 01:13
Expert's post
Very good! Good luck to you dude. And let us know your thoughts...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!