Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Possible to get 550 in 3 weeks or in a month??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Possible to get 550 in 3 weeks or in a month?? [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 05:30
I am a premed who is trying to get this 1 year business master program done during my gap year.

It's called Mater of Management in Science program.

However, I will be taking my mcat for the second time on Jan 28th. And this program's application deadline is on March 15th. If they can wait for my score until early April then is it possible to take the GMAT after preparing for a month? Their average score is like 550. The average GPA is 3.4, but mine is 3.75, so I maybe able to score lower than 550 and still get in.
They take GRE too, and the average score is 1150.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Possible to get 550 in 3 weeks or in a month?? [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 09:00
if you can do well on the MCAT verbal section you should do well on the GMAT verbal section. The sentence correction is different, but studying for that test will give an advantage.

The Physics section on the MCAT is also similar in that it tries to trick you, so all in all I think you can do better than a 550 in a month. 550 is not that hard, especially someone with a testing background in verbal an quant.

You can go to MBA.com and download sample tests that are pretty close to real thing and most people here swear by their accuracy.
That should give a good idea of where you stand.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Possible to get 550 in 3 weeks or in a month??   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2010, 09:00