Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 220 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 220 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Re: Approaching RC [#permalink]
Have you tried reading regular books? Go to Nilkhet, buy onek ta classics (Sidney Sheldon marka boi cholbe na), learn how to read and understand efficiently, TARPOR try GMAT questions.

Trying GMAT RC/CR passages without having a solid grip on reading is like applying to BUET without knowing any math.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64922 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
farukqmul wrote:
Hi, I am having difficulties answering the all RC passages ..Usually I take 10-12 minutes to solve an long RC passage with 60-70% accuracy...and 7-8 minutes for short one with the same accuracy..I always have to guess in the final passage...:(..In real exam what should be my approach?should I leave one whole passage or should I give a guess to harder questions and move on ?...Can anyone suggest ? I have 1.5 months in hand before the exam.Will it possible for me to improve the timing?Thanks

I would suggest you to check out an RC book. Knowing the various question types puts you in the right frame of mind. There is something comforting about reading the various strategies you can follow. You can select the right one for yourself. Also practice RCs of varying difficulty level from various topics. Learn to grasp the gist of any passage given to you. Once you understand what the passage is about, the universal questions (dealing with the main idea of the passage) can be done without going back to the passage. I would highly recommend the Veritas RC book since it has passages of varying difficulty level. Some of these are the most difficult you will come across. Also the passages are made on the lines of OG passages so they are very similar to actual GMAT passages.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Have you tried reading regular books? Go to Nilkhet, buy onek ta classics (Sidney Sheldon marka boi cholbe na), learn how to read and understand efficiently, TARPOR try GMAT questions.

Trying GMAT RC/CR passages without having a solid grip on reading is like applying to BUET without knowing any math.

apni thikie koicen ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: .............

Originally posted by heygmat on 16 Jul 2012, 03:06.
Last edited by heygmat on 16 Jul 2012, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
farukqmul wrote:

Thanks for your nice post ..that was really inspiring..ha ami Dhaka tei thaki..apni ki GMAT diye felesen ??

dibo soon...........
GMAT Club Bot