Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [13]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink]
Kudos
Note: Duke - Fuqua offers application fee reduction if you go to an admission event, which takes place across the world. The cost is only $125.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
asimov wrote:
Note: Duke - Fuqua offers application fee reduction if you go to an admission event, which takes place across the world. The cost is only $125.

Thanks asimov for the note on Duke. FYI - Georgetown does the same thing (well at least last year) - if you go to Experience Georgetown (one day class, info session, and tour) you get a fee reduction to $100. I went last year and would say it is worth it to go if you are local to DC area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
RoyHalladay wrote:
Some of the top schools generate millions just from app fees, not to mention the insane tuition costs.

The application process is expensive as it is for those of us here in the US...I can only imagine how tough it is for international students. For some applicants a few thousand spent on apps, prep material, exams, essay fees, travel, etc isn't a big deal. But I imagine for some, especially international applicants, this is a HUGE investment.

Out of curiosity, my question for international applicants, especially from India, how are you able to afford the entire process--including financing your education? US $2,000 is over INR 100,000. From what I know, this is a significant amount of money for the average person in India.

The answer to your question for international applicants is 3 words- save and plan. this is one big reason why lots of Indians inspite of scoring high on GMAT do not apply to international school but limit themselves to Indian schools accepting GMAT. people who do venture keep aside atleast 2-300000 INR to just give GMAT and apply. this is also one reason 99% of Indian applicants cant afford consultants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
RoyHalladay wrote:
Some of the top schools generate millions just from app fees, not to mention the insane tuition costs.

The application process is expensive as it is for those of us here in the US...I can only imagine how tough it is for international students. For some applicants a few thousand spent on apps, prep material, exams, essay fees, travel, etc isn't a big deal. But I imagine for some, especially international applicants, this is a HUGE investment.

Out of curiosity, my question for international applicants, especially from India, how are you able to afford the entire process--including financing your education? US $2,000 is over INR 100,000. From what I know, this is a significant amount of money for the average person in India.

It's like another poster said: you save, save and save.

Also, INR 100, 000 is really not that big a deal. Now, it's not everyone's monthly salary but you're not exactly selling the family jewels either.

It's hard for most students based out of India, sure, but the way I figure it: if you can't pony up for USD 2K, the average tuition of USD 100K will break your back!

Like you correctly said, we view it as an investment. You put in some(or a lot, depending on perspective) now, you get a lot later. Risk-adjusted, of course... :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Bookmarks
America MBAs is too costly for Indians // look at Europe and Singapore .. Copenhagen has No application fee and also ESMT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
RoyHalladay wrote:

For an Indian MBA candidate, with no tuition waiver (and no loan), total expense would be around INR 8 Million.
We have to save big-time while working. Plus, a lot of us also take financial help from parents (like chunk of their savings, or selling a real estate asset)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM