Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8799 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: GMAT Snacks [#permalink]
Jp27 wrote:
Hello - Has any one tried 5 hr energy drink? I have bought them and I will try them out during my CATs, but I still wanted to know if anyone has faced problem because of this drink? I have bought both the extra-energy 5 hr energy and the normal the version too. Which one do you guys recommend.

Please advise. My real exam is not very far.

Cheers

I tried both 5hr energy and Red Bull. I personally find Red Bull more gratifying, didn't really get much punch out of 5hrs. I'd say try the Red bull without sugar or zero Red bull if you are worried about jitters. But Red Bull regular is what I personally like. I had it after a coffee and that kinda really was pushing the Red Bull effect to the max.

Goodluck on your exam!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [3]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
As a doctor, i would recommend each to get an idea on what foods provide a lasting dose of energy and then "Do your own thing". Generally Grains, and cereal based foods are good early in the day and get you started! (you want CARBS). Have a banana along with your favorite CEREAL or a sandwich made from whole grain bread. If you like coffee or OJ go for either. The key is to find out WHICH FOODS provide you the most energy, but you must also like to EAT those foods.. An energy drink 20 minutes before the test is a good idea, however these drinks do come with side effects ranging from chest pain, tachycardia to massive headache's and dizziness so it is a good idea to test them out to see whether they work for you or not. If you enjoy a Sandwich in between your study sessions then their is no need to EAT A SNICKERS BAR (which you may otherwise dislike). Foods that one like's act as mood elevators (we all feel a level of satisfaction when we eat our favorite food ), so you want to enjoy what you eat. The important point here is to EAT something and most of the things that you will choose will have a positive impact for you ( will provide energy).

I have seen friends that have taken caffeine pills for 2 days with very little sleep (2-3 hours a day) DO EXTREMELY well in MARATHON Medical examinations, however that is not recommended. I have also seen some go buck wild and take HUGE quantity of food before the exam and do equally well (this is also not recommended). Try to get a good meal the night before (perhaps go to your favorite restaurant) and a GOOD breakfast the morning of the test. Take along foods that you enjoy and look forward to eating (DO NOT EXPERIMENT) and do your own thing ( You have taken Exams all your life, and most have taken exams that last 3-4 hours, so just follow what has worked for you)..

In between the quant and Verbal session (last break) you will perhaps feel the most drained.. Eat something, have a sip of water and try to " RE-BOOT your BRAIN" .. Do what works for you, gets you relaxed, gets your brain to easy up. For some it is listening to music, for others it may be doing push up's or walking around teh center..For others it may be splashing water etc.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Though quite late in replying to vomhorizon's excellent post, I would like to thank this member for his or her valuable input. I would also like to remind everyone that the alloted breaks are rather short, so make sure that whatever energy food is chosen can be comfortably consumed within that limited timeframe!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
GMAT Snacks [#permalink]
Kudos
I sorely wish that I had found this post before figuring out the snacks part myself. For my first three attempts, I tried chocolates (not such a great idea- sugar high followed by a crash). I surely experienced crash in the middle of the verbal section all three times. :wall

Correct eating on d-day and during the test should be part of serious strategy for test takers. :food

On my fourth attempt, I figured out the importance of eating right during the test and I practiced the same regimen during mock CATs too. A third bottle of gatorade in every break plus good carbohydrates. I'd recommend some type of bread low on sugar but high on carbs.

I am sure that this helped me lot with my endurance during test day, which I know for a fact was a big factor in my score (I know this for sure as I usually performed well on sectional test, but poorly on full length tests - something that my wife was kind enough to point out!). :thumbup:

Edit: I'd probably stay away from regular red bull (maybe before verbal only!!! - but do practice this during mock CATs as well)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Am i allowed to eat glucose during the test and drink during the test?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Banach334 wrote:
Am i allowed to eat glucose during the test and drink during the test?

Unfortunately, strictly no food and drinks allowed during the test. You may consume them during the break though
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
should I drink sweet water during period of quantitative or verbal section?

what to do if I miss restroom time"?

Am I allowed to cough?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
also, during the test, I have to sit in one way, not allowed to comfortably stretch legs or scratch skin, or hum rhythm?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3