Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Is Ryerson MBA worth? [#permalink]
karanme03148 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply and guidance. I am now positive towards Ryerson's MBA. I had heard so many rumors about its reputation and other stuff so I really wanted to talk to someone who has actually taken this course. I have already applied to Ryerson's global MBA program (fulltime) a week ago and waiting to hear back from them. I didn't apply to MBA in technology and innovation as I had never heard of such program so was a bit scared to apply for that. Moreover, I didn't know what is its market value. So, as you said my profile seems fine, I am hoping to get an admission offer from Ryerson. Do they call for interview as well? On their website it says "an interview may be required". I also want to know if I can get any financial assistance from the University if I am selected. It will be so nice of you if you could let me know.

For the MTI program, the info is at ryerson.ca/mba/programs/mti - if you're interested, maybe try to contact them and see if they will consider you for both? The staff is very approachable.

As to the interview, I never had to go to one but I do hear it's a possibility. The application process goes through a couple of stages. First you apply to the School of Graduate Studies and when they accept you, you move on to the MBA department. So it's at that stage that I assume an interview might occur. In regards to financial assistance, as a full-time student, there's quite a few $20,000 scholarships that cover your entire tuition and then I think you may able to able to receive OSAP or bursaries from the school, but for that I'm not sure, you would need to contact the Student Financial Services office.

The program is still in its infancy which is why you might have heard rumours. But I'll tell you first hand, that none of that those are true. Every staff and faculty member in the program wants to see us succeed. In fact, this past weekend we competed against 22 other MBA schools across Canada and US and we came in 2nd place overall, ahead of a lot of older and more popular MBA programs. I'll let you draw your own conclusions :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks again. That was a useful piece of information. I will keep you posted about my application status.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Sales (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
I have been accepted into the fall 2015 full time mba batch, but have been asked to join in Spring for the foundation courses. Any one can help on how to get in touch with the Indian students already in Ryerson to assist with the accommodation and other details? Also, how do I apply for the scholarships?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jpgaikwad wrote:
I have been accepted into the fall 2015 full time mba batch, but have been asked to join in Spring for the foundation courses. Any one can help on how to get in touch with the Indian students already in Ryerson to assist with the accommodation and other details? Also, how do I apply for the scholarships?

Congrats for getting accepted into the program. As far as accommodation is concerned, I don't think there is any on campus accommodation facility available for Master students. You will have to arrange for the accommodation on your own. However, I remember an MBA student was allowed accommodation on campus last year as a special case. You must speak with MBA program administrator or MBA office. They will definitely guide you on this and also connect you with some Indian students.

You are automatically considered for Scholarship when you apply for MBA and you receive the scholarship letter along with your acceptance letter. If you have not received that, it means you haven't got the scholarship. You can still apply for Award that is also another kind of scholarship worth $20,000. The form should be available on Ryerson's Website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
karanme03148 wrote:
jpgaikwad wrote:

Congrats for getting accepted into the program. As far as accommodation is concerned, I don't think there is any on campus accommodation facility available for Master students. You will have to arrange for the accommodation on your own. However, I remember an MBA student was allowed accommodation on campus last year as a special case. You must speak with MBA program administrator or MBA office. They will definitely guide you on this and also connect you with some Indian students.

You are automatically considered for Scholarship when you apply for MBA and you receive the scholarship letter along with your acceptance letter. If you have not received that, it means you haven't got the scholarship. You can still apply for Award that is also another kind of scholarship worth $20,000. The form should be available on Ryerson's Website.

All their scholarship funds are accounted for at this point in time, and there are very few awards left either. I wrote my GMAT, and scored a 760...Ryerson was actually originally my first choice. They've contacted me and suggested I apply for one of their very few remaining awards (as I should have a shot at them)...but considering there are very few awards and absolutely no scholarship money left...should I just wait until next year to apply? I'm not sure how much money they start with though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
How long does it take to receive an admission decision?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.89
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Hello...need some guidance please!

Between Ryerson, McMaster, Simon Fraser (Beedie School of Business, Vancouver) and Wilfred Laurier Uni (Laurier School of Business), which one is better suited with a good reputation for the Full time MBA program? What about placements post completion of the MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
looking for short term course please help
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot