Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Prateek and @Moderator for your replies and suggestions. Would try them for sure..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Kudos
Motivator wrote:
domfrancondumas wrote:
Hey.

I am getting variable scores in Quant from various tests.
Example:
In MGMAT(3-4 tests): 45-46.
In Kaplan(3-4 tests): 49-51.
GMAT club (3-4 tests): 48-51

Is MGMAT quant tougher than the rest?

Due to my quant, my score may vary. Which score should I take as the TRUE SCORE?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Yes MGMAT quant is tougher than other tests. If you are able to score 45-46 in MGMAT Quant you probably will able to score 48-50 on GMATPrep and in fact on real test as well provided you dont do any blunder in those tests.
GMATClub's Quant questions I find closest to GMATPrep but little tougher. But nothing can beat GMATPrep. These are the only official and closest to actual tests.

PS: If you are sparing GMATPrep for last week or so then reconsider your plan. You should exhaust all GMATPrep tests before a week at least so that you can solve every single question of it with one or two revisions. These are my personal thoughts and the same I recommend to my students.

Thanks a ton for the reply prateekbhatt and motivator..
I haven't tried GMATPrep. Will surely do it at the earliest (Actually I wanted to be fully prepared before I take them. And whenever I give MGMAT cat, i just dont feel like giving the GMATprep.) I have been getting good scores in GMATClub's Quant and Kaplan. I thought after doing well in GMATClub's Quant, my MGMAT score will also improve. MGMAT is tougher than the actual GMAT, right?
I have some time left for the exam. Please suggest ways in which I could get 700+.
Thanks in advance.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
domfrancondumas wrote:
Motivator wrote:
domfrancondumas wrote:
Hey.

I am getting variable scores in Quant from various tests.
Example:
In MGMAT(3-4 tests): 45-46.
In Kaplan(3-4 tests): 49-51.
GMAT club (3-4 tests): 48-51

Is MGMAT quant tougher than the rest?

Due to my quant, my score may vary. Which score should I take as the TRUE SCORE?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Yes MGMAT quant is tougher than other tests. If you are able to score 45-46 in MGMAT Quant you probably will able to score 48-50 on GMATPrep and in fact on real test as well provided you dont do any blunder in those tests.
GMATClub's Quant questions I find closest to GMATPrep but little tougher. But nothing can beat GMATPrep. These are the only official and closest to actual tests.

PS: If you are sparing GMATPrep for last week or so then reconsider your plan. You should exhaust all GMATPrep tests before a week at least so that you can solve every single question of it with one or two revisions. These are my personal thoughts and the same I recommend to my students.

Thanks a ton for the reply prateekbhatt and motivator..
I haven't tried GMATPrep. Will surely do it at the earliest (Actually I wanted to be fully prepared before I take them. And whenever I give MGMAT cat, i just dont feel like giving the GMATprep.) I have been getting good scores in GMATClub's Quant and Kaplan. I thought after doing well in GMATClub's Quant, my MGMAT score will also improve. MGMAT is tougher than the actual GMAT, right?
I have some time left for the exam. Please suggest ways in which I could get 700+.
Thanks in advance.

Since you have one month left, this is the best time you must start exhausting gmat prep and Og's. By that i mean taking gmat prep atleast 2 times (you wont see a lot of repeat's)

Also once your done with this you can start practicing from Gmat prep compiled files that is posted in the same page.

Mgmat quant is some what tough( more time consuming than real gmat).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
The books and software presented here are actually very good as I have tried out a couple of them. I agree the the GMAT prep from gmac is by far the most accurate, as it reflects your true abilities and gives you an insight into your expected performance on real GMAT test.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [11]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
tl;dr Best CATs to take in order (in my opinion!): GMAT Prep, Kaplan/Manhattan, Economist, Veritas. Stay away from GMATPill.

I'm stressing too much from apps; so, I've decided to take a break and write a review for all the CATs I've taken. But first, a few notes:

1. I haven't taken the free Kaplan CAT, but took the 4 (out of 5) CATs with Kaplan Premier 2014. I will assume these are similar.
2. Please remember this is a review on their Free CAT exam - this review has no bearing on their ability to prepare or teach you.
3. I'm sure companies have an evolving process and these reviews may no longer be applicable if you're reading this years later. I have personally found all the information regarding Kaplan's CAT exams being harder than the real GMAT frustrating - all the info I found were years old and I believe they've changed this recently as I find Kaplan's exams to be easier.
4. It's been a month since I've taken most of these. Hopefully my memory is good!

Here's the list of all the exams I took:
8/27, kaplan cat1, 710, Q51, V29, IR4
9/14, kaplan cat2, 750, Q51, V33, IR8
9/17, manhattangmat, 690, Q48, V36, IR6.53
9/21, economist, 730, Q50, V41, IR?
9/24, kaplan cat3, 720, Q51, V34, IR8
9/28, gmat pill, 740, Q49, V42, IR6
9/28, gmat prep 1, 700, Q50, V34, IR8
9/29, kaplan cat4, 710, Q50, V38, IR7
10/1, Veritas, 690, Q50, V35, IR4
10/5, gmat prep 2, 680, Q49, V33, IR8
10/9, Real GMAT, 740, Q51, V38, IR8

Kaplan: The exams are great overall. No real major flaw. The look and feel is exactly like the GMAT - and the only exam I've taken (other than GMATPrep) to have done that. My first complaint are the scores. I feel Kaplan consistently scored me higher than where I actually was. This led me to have a false sense of security - I kept feeling really confident until I took the GMATPrep - and then I started to panic. They also just have some funky errors regarding their analysis and breakdowns of the exam, and probably their scoring as well. Nevertheless, this doesn't affect the quality of the exam - just note that the scoring and their analysis may be off. Second minor complaint involves the calculator in the IR section. You couldn't have the calculator open and fill in the answers at the same time - had to close calculator first.

MGMAT: Again, great exam overall. The quant was harder than the actual exam. The look and feel bothered me a lot. It looked very different from the actual exam, and it was awfully annoying that I couldn't select the answer choice line - I had to select the radio button itself, and this extremely hard. Clicking "Next" and going on to the next question was also different in some way from what I remember. Again, I had issues with their calculator during IR as well - it wouldn't let me use the keyboard to use the calculator.

Economist: They didn't have an AWA or an IR section, but the quant and verbal seemed fine. They may have both been a tad on the easy side, but it's hard for me to tell (I'm basing this on the fact that I finished quant way earlier than I normally do and that my verbal score seems to be higher than normal). I really liked their review user interface that after the exam. It's the best one out of the tests I've taken. I liked how everything is on one page. Most exams you have to do a lot of back and forth reviewing the problems you got wrong. You can just click on a problem and it'll expand and show the problem below. Then they'll give their explanation of that problem on the side. Then you can click on each answer choice to see the explanation behind why that answer choice was correct or incorrect. Picture is worth a thousand words: https://i.imgur.com/ChggjOu.png I also liked how they highlighted the times for ones where you took too long. I didn't finish the verbal in time and left the last question unanswered; unfortunately, this last question doesn't appear on the review :(

Veritas: For me, their CAT result was the most on par with my GMATPrep scores. Take that for what you will. Their verbal and math portions were fine. However, their IR was terrible. After the first four questions, I skipped this portion. They had very unclear pictures of graphs, very different multi-source reasoning than what you would normally encounter, bad questions in general - I'm just chalking this up to the fact that IR is new and hopefully it'll get better. They also definitely had calculator issues like the others.

GMATPill: Their practice test is just terrible - stay away from it. A lot of the questions aren't even fully formulated - you need to guess what the question is asking for. I had an IR question where they just gave me a table without the blurb explaining the table. I've had Sentence Correction questions where the underlined portion was different than the answer choices. Answer choices are sometimes intelligible. On one of my verbal questions, the choice for C) was literally just the letter "D" whereas the other four choices were each a sentence. For the math section, they claim you need to use chrome as some of the formulas don't show, but even with chrome, some things appear as gibberish. Many questions are also stolen directly from the OG and/or GMATPrep, so if you've done those, you'll be seeing a lot of repeat questions. The appearance of the exam is terrible, with fonts change from question to question or even answer choices to answer choices. The functionality of their pause button isn't working as intened... and I could go on. The most annoying thing of all is that after you spend hours taking the exam, they don't allow you to see your result, UNLESS you have a facebook account and "like" GMATPILL, message your friends about it, post on your timeline, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I am planning to take the GMAT in January next year, and in what order do you think I should start taking the CAT exams mentioned above?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Send PM
gee87 wrote:
Hi,
I am planning to take the GMAT in January next year, and in what order do you think I should start taking the CAT exams mentioned above?

Thanks!

Ideally you can mix it like this but there are other ways too..

Start with gmat prep free exam,then buy test from manhattan or veritas and finish with another gmat prep test.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello, I have tried to figure it out and look it up but I have had no success in finding out what CAT means. I know something to do with adaptive testing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Lightbourne wrote:
Hello, I have tried to figure it out and look it up but I have had no success in finding out what CAT means. I know something to do with adaptive testing

Yeap you got it correct.
CAT = Computer Adaptive Test
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
What about Edvento mocks ?? Please share some experience.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
This is very useful. I have done Manhattan GMAT CAT and MBA prep for so many times that I can remember the answers. I hope these preps will help me improve my scores. Thanks a lot :)
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I also want to add that the Economist GMAT Tutor offers a free CAT too, and in fact we just wrote about sim test timing in a recent blog post. This post discusses when you should plan for your sim tests and how often you should take them:

Once you begin adding sim exams to your studying regime, you should plan to take one every two to three days. Plan to take five sim exams to thoroughly prepare yourself. These tests should be taken in real time and in test-like conditions. Try not to take too many sim exams—you may burn out.

And remember, no sim tests the day before your actual exam! The day before your exam, do some light studying and try to relax.

https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-tak ... tion-exams
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
I'd like to add that Edvento offers a free score assessment diagnostic test and 4 full length mocks along with 32 other sectional tests, all fully adaptive. This brings the total number of questions to 1100, all in 100% adaptive mode. Each practice session measures your ability level along 100+ concept areas and the questions that you see (even in the sectional tests) are based on your past performance along those concept areas.
Access Edvento GMAT: https://learn.edvento.com/courses/gmat

We have done an analysis of scores assesses in Edvento vs GMATPrep to confirm the accuracy of Edvento predicted scores:
edvento-anyone-heard-of-it-is-it-good-156122.html#p1261473
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
You can check out with skillgun website
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Guys, in my past 4 mocks these are my scores: 700 (Economist gmat tutor), 700 (800 score), 650 (Economist GMAT Tutor) and 690 (GMAT Prep).

I'm averaging around 685. What do you guys say, should I give the test soon? I'm not really feeling confident enough
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
The list is quite informative and comprehensive . Thanx for compliation and links for free GMAT CAT test .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
If a person attempts all the available test , i think this would provide a good opportunity to learn !

Originally posted by charliedan on 08 Feb 2014, 01:44.
Last edited by charliedan on 08 Feb 2014, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  28