Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
I applied in Round 1 and got the admit a couple of weeks back. I wanted to know if anyone is in touch with some current student at Krannert? I need to ask a couple of queries. Any sort of contact would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ... Any one from R2 got an invite or a reply ?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
hi...has any round 2 applicant received an interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
mcsard wrote:

Round 2 applicant - My application status still shows Submitted. How about other Rnd 2 applicants ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Gian wrote:
mcsard wrote:

Round 2 applicant - My application status still shows Submitted. How about other Rnd 2 applicants ?

The status in the application only changes after a decision has been made about your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I have been getting promotion mails from Krannert. I suppose that does not mean anything in terms of my prospects of getting a call :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Send PM
got the admit mail today.. there is no info about the scholarship/aid.. does that mean i havent been given one? anyone else who got it like this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
niveditaragav wrote:
got the admit mail today.. there is no info about the scholarship/aid.. does that mean i havent been given one? anyone else who got it like this

The scholarship info comes in a separate email. The email came for me within a week of the decision email.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Send PM
amitgmat2013 wrote:
niveditaragav wrote:
got the admit mail today.. there is no info about the scholarship/aid.. does that mean i havent been given one? anyone else who got it like this

The scholarship info comes in a separate email. The email came for me within a week of the decision email.

Oh! Thanks :) ... I need to start checking my spam/trash every day then..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 522 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.95
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
Raj200014 wrote:
Hi ... Any one from R2 got an invite or a reply ?

Hey, R2 candidate here, I received the interview invitation on 18.01.2014.
I have scheduled it for 05.02.2014.

What about you?

Sam
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Krannert(Purdue) Admissions Blog: Mentors for Krannert freshman ease initial anxiety of new students
When I was a freshman at Knox College, I was part of an incoming class of 200 students. Yes, 200 students for the entire freshman class, and I thought things were intimidating!  Imagine being a freshman at Purdue with an incoming class of thousands!  Those first days as a Purdue freshman can be a little scary, somewhat confusing and at times, a bit overwhelming. But, providing a junior or senior mentor to call on for advice helps freshmen overcome that initial anxiety and feel more confident on campus.

That’s the idea behind Krannert School of Management’s mentoring program for incoming fresh

Four of our “all star” Krannert mentors for incoming freshmen.

man. A collaborative effort involving students, faculty, alumni and the advising office, the program helps incoming students connect at Krannert more quickly.

Krannert Direct Admit freshmen were paired with mentors during last fall semester. The program was so successful we are making it available to all freshmen in the fall of 2014.

Christine Jackson, associate professor of management, teaches the mentors about leadership with help from Krannert alumni. Mentors enroll in Professor Jackson’s 16-week, 2-credit-hour class, the Krannert Leadership Development Program. In addition to role-playing and experiential exercises, student mentors learn from visiting alumni speakers, who share stories from their own experiences as mentors.

The class meets every other week. On the weeks when class doesn’t meet, mentors and freshmen get together for events and activities. Mentors guide freshmen through resume building, networking and career planning exercises. As the mentees gain confidence, the mentors gain leadership skills that will serve them well in future professional endeavors.

Our mentors reflect the diversity of the Krannert School, with domestic and international students of all majors and academic experiences stepping up to make a difference for underclassmen. Feedback from the first class showed that mentors were surprised by how much they gained from the mentor-mentee relationship and how much the process furthered their own personal development.

In addition to regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings, texting was a popular way for freshmen to ask mentors questions. A highlight for many was the resume building exercise. Mentors guided mentees as they planned what their ideal resumes would look like in two years. Then, they developed a strategy to get there.

The mentoring program is just another way our faculty, students and alumni work together to ensure that the next generation of global business leaders is prepared to solve the world’s toughest business challenges.

Warm Regards,

Chris Earley

Dean, Krannert School of Management
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM Krannert(Purdue) Admissions Blog: Krannert mentors ease anxiety, build confidence among freshmen
When I was a freshman at Knox College, I was part of an incoming class of 200 students. Yes, 200 students for the entire freshman class, and I thought things were intimidating!  Imagine being a freshman at Purdue with an incoming class of thousands!  Those first days as a Purdue freshman can be a little scary, somewhat confusing and at times, a bit overwhelming. But, providing a junior or senior mentor to call on for advice helps freshmen overcome that initial anxiety and feel more confident on campus.

Four of our “all star” Krannert mentors for incoming students.

That’s the idea behind Krannert School of Management’s mentoring program for incoming freshmen. A collaborative effort involving students, faculty, alumni and the advising office, the program helps incoming students connect at Krannert more quickly.

Krannert Direct Admit freshmen were paired with mentors during last fall semester. The program was so successful we are making it available to all freshmen in the fall of 2014.

Christine Jackson, associate professor of management, teaches the mentors about leadership with help from Krannert alumni. Mentors enroll in Professor Jackson’s 16-week, 2-credit-hour class, the Krannert Leadership Development Program. In addition to role-playing and experiential exercises, student mentors learn from visiting alumni speakers, who share stories from their own experiences as mentors.

The class meets every other week. On the weeks when class doesn’t meet, mentors and freshmen get together for events and activities. Mentors guide freshmen through resume building, networking and career planning exercises. As the mentees gain confidence, the mentors gain leadership skills that will serve them well in future professional endeavors.

Our mentors reflect the diversity of the Krannert School, with domestic and international students of all majors and academic experiences stepping up to make a difference for underclassmen. Feedback from the first class showed that mentors were surprised by how much they gained from the mentor-mentee relationship and how much the process furthered their own personal development.

In addition to regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings, texting was a popular way for freshmen to ask mentors questions. A highlight for many was the resume building exercise. Mentors guided mentees as they planned what their ideal resumes would look like in two years. Then, they developed a strategy to get there.

The mentoring program is just another way our faculty, students and alumni work together to ensure that the next generation of global business leaders is prepared to solve the world’s toughest business challenges.

Warm Regards,

Chris Earley

Dean, Krannert School of Management
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Schools: Smeal '16 (S)
Send PM
Has anyone from R2 received interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 522 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.95
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
pratagl wrote:

Yep, done with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sam15000 wrote:
pratagl wrote:

Yep, done with the interview!

I submitted on 15 th.. Still no info except a few promotion mails!!!

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts