Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi ,

I have been selected for the MBA in India program of York today. I want to know about the placements of this program. Are students placed in India or in Canada ?

As I would be studying 1st year in India so my network won't be that good as compared to the student studying there at Toronto campus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: The Schulich Accelerated MBA
Do you have a BBA or BComm from a Canadian university? Are you a CA who holds an undergraduate honors degree? Did you complete these qualifications within the last 10 years? If you completed a business degree or are a CA and have 2 years of post-degree work experience then you may qualify for the [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: The Schulich Part-Time MBA
For individuals who are looking to work full-time and pursue their MBA simultaneously, part-time study is the optimal choice. There are a number of benefits to studying part-time. Part-time study allows working professionals to balance school and work commitments while ensuring a steady stream of income to support further education. Additionally the skills learned in [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey,

I am from india and i had my interview with the admissions committee last week. I had applied for MBA at the Toronto campus but was given an option to join the Hydrabad(India) campus, which i chose not to apply to. Today i received a mail saying that i have been admitted into the Hydrabad(India) Schulich MBA program. Am not sure if this was offered to me since i didn't qualify for the MBA in Toronto or if it was a mistake. Can anybody please clarify?? Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
surajbnair31 wrote:
Hey,

I am from india and i had my interview with the admissions committee last week. I had applied for MBA at the Toronto campus but was given an option to join the Hydrabad(India) campus, which i chose not to apply to. Today i received a mail saying that i have been admitted into the Hydrabad(India) Schulich MBA program. Am not sure if this was offered to me since i didn't qualify for the MBA in Toronto or if it was a mistake. Can anybody please clarify?? Thanks in advance.

For something like this, I would contact Schulich admission directly. Let me know of the reply, I'm curious as to the logistic of the Hydrabad campus as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got admitted to both Schulich and Sauder MBA for fall 2014 but I am having a hard time choosing between these...
Sauder - Like the program and got a scholarship of $15k....not sure of Vancouver as the location and reputation when compared to Schulich

Schulich - Course looks good and more reputation than UBC, Toronto seems better but since no scholarship info....cost seems to be a concern!!

I am interested in Consulting and general management, my wife will be looking for a job in IT security which is her current industry.....

Those who have made the decision or been through it....please help with your thoughts!!
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
him290786 wrote:
I got admitted to both Schulich and Sauder MBA for fall 2014 but I am having a hard time choosing between these...
Sauder - Like the program and got a scholarship of $15k....not sure of Vancouver as the location and reputation when compared to Schulich

Schulich - Course looks good and more reputation than UBC, Toronto seems better but since no scholarship info....cost seems to be a concern!!

I am interested in Consulting and general management, my wife will be looking for a job in IT security which is her current industry.....

Those who have made the decision or been through it....please help with your thoughts!!

Hi,

Vancouver offers more opportunities for oil and gas.

In US and Canada (or rather with most international b-schools), the reputation is more regional. I mean employers of respective region prefer students from regional school more (that does not mean Vancouver employers do not hire Schulich grads or vice versa), but this is a routine trend.

I would suggest you to stay closer to Toronto if you are not an oil and gas guy.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am presently working as a Business Analyst and would like to make my way to consulting.

Though I have not heard good about schulich wrt consulting, i think between schulich and sauder, schulich has toronto advantage...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.25
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Admitted to SSB fall 2014. Interviewed on 17th April. Congrats to fellow applicants.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
him290786 wrote:

him290786, in choosing a school, there are many important factors to considers, such as location, school reputation, cost ... ect. I think what you need to do is some self reflection to see what factor(s) is/are most important to you and narrow the list down that way. For example, I love Toronto and it's being in Toronto for the duration of my study is very high on my priority list so I only applied to Rotman and Schulich. Once you're figure out your priority list, the decision is rather straight forward.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM

Originally posted by Mamag7b on 28 Apr 2014, 09:07.
Last edited by Mamag7b on 01 May 2014, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Admitted to the Schulich MBA in India program (starting Sept 2014).

Is it worth going for my profile ?

710 Gmat
32 months IT experience
12 Months NGO experience
10th, 12th, B-Tech - 72% , 74%, 70%

Please help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an admit email yesterday :)
Submitted my application on 28 Feb, interviewed on 17 April and got admit mail on 29 April..
Congrats to all fellow applicants.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Redesigned for Fall 2014 – The IMBA
The Schulich IMBA program was the first of it’s kind when it was launched in the 1990′s. Developed to train the next generation of global managers, the curriculum focused on language development, exposure to global trading regions and business skills needed for international managers. As the business environment has continued to become more global, these [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Welcome MAcc Class of 2015
Spring has officially arrived and that means the Master of Accounting program has also commenced. Orientation for the new class took place just this past week with opening remarks by Program Director Marcia Annisette followed by sessions with the Career Development Center, Professor Alex Fisher and Student Services. There was a flurry of excitement especially [...]
Intern
Intern
Sanchit: Singla
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GPA: 2.8
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Hi
@VersatileSchulich,

It's a great post. I have gained so much knowledge about the School and it helped me clarify many of questions.
Thanks for sharing this information.

Can you provide information about clubs, those provide opportunity to do Social Work/Community service.

I am associated with NGO that works for child and women social welfare and I would like to continue that in future.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts