Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.21
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: George Washington Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi ...
I have been accepted into GWSB global MBA with a scholarship of 40k. :(
I am an international student and I want to know about the living expense in foggy bottom. In the admission package that I received the estimated living expense in around 20k per year. I believe if I stay outside and not in hostel I could reduce my housing cost.
During my interview I was told that I can continue with my internship for the entire second yr..Is this true even for international student?
In the website they have mentioned a lot of MNC that recruit , but how many get placed at the time of graduation and specially international students?
Hw many international student land up with internship?
They have mentioned that the average salary during internship is 4k. Is this amount for the entire internship duration or the salary reflects the per month cash received?

I want to get in asset management industry and GWSB was not one of my top choice but as I have been rejected by most university I have been left with few choices and GWSB is one of them. GWSB does have elective in Investment Finance and few mutual funds/hedge funds do recruit from GWSB.

I would be grateful if somebody could answer my queries...Thnx in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.21
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
The package of my girlfriend just arrived, with a very generous scholarship,
Waiting for my package,wish good luck.

Without the pressure of finance, perhaps we can marry in GWU, so excited
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zhudongnudt wrote:
The package of my girlfriend just arrived, with a very generous scholarship,
Waiting for my package,wish good luck.

Without the pressure of finance, perhaps we can marry in GWU, so excited

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
So, I put my r3 application in yesterday, and less than 24 hours later I got invited to interview. Is this normal? Did this happen to others? Almost feels like spam, but they gave me a username and password to log in and make an appointment...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
davidsemo wrote:
So, I put my r3 application in yesterday, and less than 24 hours later I got invited to interview. Is this normal? Did this happen to others? Almost feels like spam, but they gave me a username and password to log in and make an appointment...

Yes, you are not the only one... it happened to me too in R2. Good luck to you mate!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Just attended the Admitted Students Weekend from GWU, wonderful event and great people! Have met a lot of interesting potential future classmates from a wide range of backgrounds: self-business owner, veteran, language teacher, energy expert, socialogist, accountant, hotel manager ... you name it!

Several key points to highlight:
1. GWU has revamped the program and in Fall 2014 it will be launching a new curriculum that reduces the core courses from about 70% of the program to 51% of the program. So more electives to choose and more flexibilities on concentrations! Great stuff!

2. GWU has up to 12 credits to choose outside of school of business, and up to 6 credits to choose from DC Consortium schools such as Georgetown, AU and Maryland. Definitely more than any other similar programs allow.

3. Career Center Dean shared with us the latest data on job placement rate and average starting salary, amazingly already at least 1 or 2 got offers from consulting firms reported $190,000 starting salary, mouth dropping, right?!

Whoever also attended the event, please share more of your feelings and please also update us about your decision on matriculation, as the April 2nd deposit deadline is approaching!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
Will be declining my admission offer and joining another school. Hope that opens a spot for another prospective student.
All the best people. It was great being on this forum.

:-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
daksha17 wrote:
Will be declining my admission offer and joining another school. Hope that opens a spot for another prospective student.

Decent decision, daksha17! Congratulations on your admission to Olin! Let us know more about your experience there during the MBA journey, and keep in touch! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
daksha17 wrote:

Decent decision, daksha17! Congratulations on your admission to Olin! Let us know more about your experience there during the MBA journey, and keep in touch! :)

Thnx dcMBA2014. I will.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Got an admit with $$ today!:)

Anyone here joining GWU?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SotSh wrote:

Anyone here joining GWU?

Congratulations SotSh! Great news! I dont know so much about Cox, but if you want to stay in DC area, GW is in the best location among all and a great school as well! Depending on what your focus will be, your choice will be in any way a good choice! Let us know your decision! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
SotSh wrote:

Anyone here joining GWU?

Congratulations SotSh! Great news! I dont know so much about Cox, but if you want to stay in DC area, GW is in the best location among all and a great school as well! Depending on what your focus will be, your choice will be in any way a good choice! Let us know your decision! :)

Thanks dcMBA2014! I would like to learn more about the career opportunities for international students available at GW and how many students really get placed through the career center.
Did you get a chance to meet any international students and know their experience?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
SotSh wrote:

Thanks dcMBA2014! I would like to learn more about the career opportunities for international students available at GW and how many students really get placed through the career center.
Did you get a chance to meet any international students and know their experience?

Hi SotSh, I have posted the link of job placement in this thread, and you should be able to find it easily. I don't know about your career goal so cannot speak of any relevance at this point of time. If you would like to share with us, we may be able to provide more useful information to you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
dcMBA2014 wrote:
SotSh wrote:

Hi SotSh, I have posted the link of job placement in this thread, and you should be able to find it easily. I don't know about your career goal so cannot speak of any relevance at this point of time. If you would like to share with us, we may be able to provide more useful information to you.

I did look into the placement information but it does not state the % of students placed through career center which is very important to look into.
And, I am targeting Program/Product management roles in technology/telecom companies post MBA. So, would staying in DC benefit me?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all GWUers,

I have just got an inquiry from a member about whether all the admission decision of R3 are out or not. As I do not have such information, I would appreciate anyone applying for R3 will shed some light on this, please?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
SotSh wrote:

I did look into the placement information but it does not state the % of students placed through career center which is very important to look into.
And, I am targeting Program/Product management roles in technology/telecom companies post MBA. So, would staying in DC benefit me?

I cannot speak for all, but I know that Smith is quite famous for its high tech/IT field, and GWU has also a concentration in Information System Management, see link below: https://business.gwu.edu/mba/knowledge-domains/ism.cfm

Regarding the placement through career center, you may inquire directly to the career center.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts