Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 03-01-2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys!!!

I have been accepted for the 2015 IMD MBA in april, and i'd like to share with you some topics, so your assesstement day might be easier. Since I live in Lausanne, it's very easy for me to visit the campus and keep contact with current candidates; I was invited as guest to a Master Class, and I had the opportunity to change impressions and views with candidates. I got a very useful feedback, and in my opinion, the most important tips you might keep in mind are as follow:

1) Be yourself. They are not looking genius or CEO. If you already are, you don't need to be there, so don't be afraid about your profil, it should be something interesting in your application that caught their attention.

2) Focus on your strenghts, and focus on your weaknesses. All of us have something to hide, and during the 1-to-1 interview it will arise, so you have to be ready to admit it, and justify if needed.

3) Listen twice more than you speak. Don't be shy, neither snob. It's very important to find the happy medium during the business case.

4) you must have clear your goals, and how your story has steered you to this point. You should be sure that your story make sense.

5) last but not least: enjoy your day. Maybe, this is the most important tip. Even if you are not accepted, the experience will be worthy, and you will learn many things about yourself, and about how you deal with complex situations.

If you have not visited the blog by Marshmallow, I recommend you intensely. I think it's been one of the most useful tips I found.

I hope you will have a great assessment day, and maybe we will be together next year in Lausanne.

Good luck!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No problem Shimonti
I have done extensive researches bout IMD and other Business Schools and I would be happy to share my thoughts, so if anyone has questions, just let me know :panel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IMD '16 (S)
Send PM
ibarrios82 wrote:
Hi guys!!!

I have been accepted for the 2015 IMD MBA in april, and i'd like to share with you some topics, so your assesstement day might be easier. Since I live in Lausanne, it's very easy for me to visit the campus and keep contact with current candidates; I was invited as guest to a Master Class, and I had the opportunity to change impressions and views with candidates. I got a very useful feedback, and in my opinion, the most important tips you might keep in mind are as follow:

1) Be yourself. They are not looking genius or CEO. If you already are, you don't need to be there, so don't be afraid about your profil, it should be something interesting in your application that caught their attention.

2) Focus on your strenghts, and focus on your weaknesses. All of us have something to hide, and during the 1-to-1 interview it will arise, so you have to be ready to admit it, and justify if needed.

3) Listen twice more than you speak. Don't be shy, neither snob. It's very important to find the happy medium during the business case.

4) you must have clear your goals, and how your story has steered you to this point. You should be sure that your story make sense.

5) last but not least: enjoy your day. Maybe, this is the most important tip. Even if you are not accepted, the experience will be worthy, and you will learn many things about yourself, and about how you deal with complex situations.

If you have not visited the blog by Marshmallow, I recommend you intensely. I think it's been one of the most useful tips I found.

I hope you will have a great assessment day, and maybe we will be together next year in Lausanne.

Good luck!!!

Thats awesome ibarrios82. Congrats on your admit.

Can you also please post a timeline on when you submitted your application, when did you hear back about the intw dates etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
abhid1984 wrote:
ibarrios82 wrote:
Hi guys!!!

Good luck!!!

Thats awesome ibarrios82. Congrats on your admit.

Can you also please post a timeline on when you submitted your application, when did you hear back about the intw dates etc.

Sure. I submitted my application on Mars 28th, and I received an email with the invitation for the assesstement day on April 24th, so more or less 4 weeks after the application deadline.

My assesstement day was on May 20th, and I received a call on May 27th, just one week after the assesstment. I'm not sure if timing is similar for all applicants. In my case, I was quite astonished for being called so quickly. In my group, everybody received a call or an email just one week after day D.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ibarrios82 wrote:
Hi guys!!!

Good luck!!!

Hi

Congrats on the admit and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Can you please share your profile as well?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
shimonti wrote:
ibarrios82 wrote:
Hi guys!!!

Good luck!!!

Hi

Congrats on the admit and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Can you please share your profile as well?

Here we go:

Demographics: Western/Male
Acads: MSc Civil Engineer
GMAT: 680 (Q48, V35)
Work Ex: 8 years in construction and engineering consulting companies in 4 different countries
Positives: Broad international experience, good acads, strong values, high GMAT for a non native speaker
Negatives: English level, career progression
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Wow great to see life at last, sorry I also got drifted away.

Thanks to all who are posting, I submitted my application in R3, got the confirmation that I will be notified in 3 to 6.
Me, the mostest common profile ( but we also want to learn :) )

Indian - IT - Male - 12 yrs experience
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shimonti wrote:
Rizz wrote:
I submitted the application on the last day...Got confirmation from IMD on June 5th ...

The school has said that it will take minimum of 3-6 weeks to evaluate each applications...

Hopefully, we will get the confirmation from IMD by early next month...

Hey

I am also an IMD aspirant for the January 2015 intake. Submitted my application one week before the June 1 deadline. Now waiting for the feedback. The lack of activity on this thread is a bit scary. Is noone applying this year?

Also, people who have applied/got calls, can you please share your profiles?

Here are my details:

Demographics: Indian/Female
Acads: B.A. Economics (ranked third in Mumbai University), MBA (Symbiosis International University)
GMAT: 680 (Q48, V35)
Work Ex: 5 years in Big 4 and a Swiss Investment Bank (set up a new team in India office, leading the India team as Assistant Vice President, worked in Zurich HQ on a brief stint)

Positives: Good acads, good brands on CV, good experience and career progression, decent extra curriculars
Negatives: Indian nationality, Below par GMAT Score, No knowledge of any European language, No significant work ex outside India though I have always worked in an international team

Questions: Does my Indian MBA hamper my chances? Is my GMAT too low especially for an Indian student?

People, please throw some light!

Shimonti,

I dont think being Indian is negative, its just that you have to be very competitive.

Since you have already applied, I think its best to await feedback from IMD itself :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Best of luck Notamaybe,
Indeed the indians pool is competitive but IMD will give you a fair chance
Hope you'll get the assessment day. From there it's up to you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
max82 wrote:
Best of luck Notamaybe,
Indeed the indians pool is competitive but IMD will give you a fair chance
Hope you'll get the assessment day. From there it's up to you

thanks for your good wishes ,
very true, indeed. But one gets it or not, the experience going thru preparation is very valuable.

probability wise, there are between 5 - 7 places for Indians :)
and probably anywhere between 3-5 places for Indian males
and in that 1 or 2 IT guys :D :D :D

thats the reality !!

This year IMD admissions forum has been very dry
lets Keep it going guys
@Walter82 congrats on the admit,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
max82 wrote:
No problem Shimonti
I have done extensive researches bout IMD and other Business Schools and I would be happy to share my thoughts, so if anyone has questions, just let me know :panel

Much appreciated max, whats your profile.
have you applied /admitted whats ur status?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
In fact, I don't think that places are reserved in fonction of your nationality. In 2013, there were two spanish guys and one chinese if I remember for well; in 2014, there are five spanish guys and five-six chinese guys.

I think, and this is my opinion, that profiles are reserved mostly according to your background, I mean, if they have recruited 10 consultants in the first round, maybe they were looking for engineers in the second one, and they will look for physicians in the third (I'm kidding). Indeed, if they have to fill in several gaps with nationalities and jobs, as soon as you apply, fewer profiles will be filled out, and your chances will be bigger.

But certainly, I talked with other applicants after our assesstment day, and they obtained a very varying feedback: uncertain goals, rude attitude, shy attitude... So I think you should not be worried about your profile, but about performing a good role in you're invited to the interview.

Good luck, and summon all your patience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
notamaybe wrote:
max82 wrote:
No problem Shimonti

Cheers

Sure
I have applied for April deadline and I get a slot :)

DEMOGRAPHIC: MENA/French (31 years)
WORK EX: 8 years in Controlling, in Automotive then in Utility Business for a Fortune 100 Company. Good international exposition.
EXTRACURRICULAR: Mainly Entrepreneurship
GMAT: 690
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Ms Management

I've compared a lot all the schools and IMD is definitely a top choice for those focusing on Industry and looking for General Management MBA.
I wish to all of you to get at least the possibility to do the assessment day. It shows a lot about the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
max82 wrote:
notamaybe wrote:
max82 wrote:
No problem Shimonti

Cheers

Sure
I have applied for April deadline and I get a slot :)

DEMOGRAPHIC: MENA/French (31 years)
WORK EX: 8 years in Controlling, in Automotive then in Utility Business for a Fortune 100 Company. Good international exposition.
EXTRACURRICULAR: Mainly Entrepreneurship
GMAT: 690
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Ms Management

I've compared a lot all the schools and IMD is definitely a top choice for those focusing on Industry and looking for General Management MBA.
I wish to all of you to get at least the possibility to do the assessment day. It shows a lot about the school.

Good to see so many people in the thread :) Let's hope we get through to the assessment round.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Walter82 wrote:
In fact, I don't think that places are reserved in fonction of your nationality. In 2013, there were two spanish guys and one chinese if I remember for well; in 2014, there are five spanish guys and five-six chinese guys.

I think, and this is my opinion, that profiles are reserved mostly according to your background, I mean, if they have recruited 10 consultants in the first round, maybe they were looking for engineers in the second one, and they will look for physicians in the third (I'm kidding). Indeed, if they have to fill in several gaps with nationalities and jobs, as soon as you apply, fewer profiles will be filled out, and your chances will be bigger.

But certainly, I talked with other applicants after our assesstment day, and they obtained a very varying feedback: uncertain goals, rude attitude, shy attitude... So I think you should not be worried about your profile, but about performing a good role in you're invited to the interview.

Walter,

thanks for your positive note.
I wasnt aware that such a significant change in proportion of nationality is possible for what ever reason.
thats encouraging!

Thanks,
Well waiting is the hardest part :(

Cheers
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: OWP and ICP
These two times three letters are now playing key roles in our life. The OWP (Orchestrating Winning Performance) program is maybe the most famous and largest program of IMD, visited by several hundred executives and senior managers every year. This year the MBA class has also the opportunity to introduce some of our projects we have done about competitiveness and transforming industry environment. We have worked a lot with the presentations, the organisation, marketing and editorial activities, and fortunately the number of the interested people (despite the early morning start) is above the expectations of many of us.

This week we also started our International Consulting Projects, which will be with us until November. I’m very happy, because it seems, that I can be part of a very motivated internal team with a very well reputed professor, Stefan Michel and a strongly committed company team. It is obvious that the company has very high expectations to deliver real value, and I have the feeling, that this motivates us even more.

András
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Business Development (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Walter82 wrote:

Hi Walter,

Firstly congratulations.

I was in Lausanne in March and continue to be on the wait-list. I had couple of rounds of feedback calls as well and I remain hopeful, I completely agree with your argument on how IMD fills the class. I think IMD is self selecting school and its really a matter of how you FIT into the class than anything else.

Lets hope for the best and hope to meet you at The Great Escape!

-India based in Tokyo
-GMAT-720
-Pharmaceuticals
-Business Development
- 7 Years Work Ex.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert