Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Magoosh Prep Test vs Real Gmat Test [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
15prospetive wrote:
Can someone please compare and contrast their scores using magoosh's prep tests vs the actual test experience or how Magoosh compares with MGMAT or Kaplan?

Here's an excerpt on study materials from my debrief:

Study Materials
OG obviously. Manhattan. Magoosh. Manhattan materials are a necessity. They give you the strongest foundation and skills, especially in quant. Could not have done number properties without it. Manhattan materials. Get them. Now.

Magoosh. For $99 you cannot beat the price. Period. Question bank of about 900 in addition to great question support; they will respond to your emails within a day. The staff is awesome. Again, for $99 can’t be beat. What is also great about Magoosh is that they are real with you. They understand that there are other products out there that will complement or supplement Magoosh’s online resource. They actively recommend using Manhattan products and incorporate them into their study plans. I appreciate the fact that they know their limits and they know what works and are willing to recommend other products.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
i wasn't asking for a review of the product offered by magoosh per se...but specifically the difficulty level of the prep tests offered by magoosh. I have taken the mgmat prep test where i found math was especially difficult whereas gmat prep was on the easier side. how do magoosh tests compare to practice tests offered by mgmat or gmat prep?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
15prospetive wrote:
i wasn't asking for a review of the product offered by magoosh per se...but specifically the difficulty level of the prep tests offered by magoosh. I have taken the mgmat prep test where i found math was especially difficult whereas gmat prep was on the easier side. how do magoosh tests compare to practice tests offered by mgmat or gmat prep?

I thought magoosh tests were comparable to the real thing, but I also thought Economist tests were comparable too. Ultimately, I've found that it's about question type and scoring algorithm. The latter part may be harder for test companies to get right. I hit within the ranges each test provided, but neither gave concrete scores.
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28571 [1]
Given Kudos: 130
Kudos
Expert Reply
15prospetive wrote:

Dear 15prospetive,
I'm happy to respond. :-) It's a bit funny, because the same Magoosh questions are used in our Product in general and in our practice test. There aren't two buckets of questions. There are some easy questions, but the hard questions are quite difficult. To some extent, the difficulty you experience in the practice test depends on how you navigate the CAT. If you make some mistake on the practice test, you may not see the hardest question. Remember that there's something paradoxical about asking "how hard is this or that CAT?", because five different students might have five completely different experiences of the CAT. In fact, this might be true of your experiences of GMAT Prep and MGMAT. You are asking about a static read of something that is a dynamic algorithm. Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)
GMAT Club Bot