Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [9]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Newly minted MSB grad here. Good luck to this years prospectives and feel free to PM throughout the admissions process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Following is a brief description of my profile.

GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 2 years 3 months, Family Business - 1 year (at present);
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
WE:Investment Banking (Consulting)
Send PM
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 2 years 3 months, Family Business - 1 year (at present);
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan

I'm no expert but at first glance you definitely have some nice things going for you so I'll comment on possible concerns. You're slightly on the younger side and it would be helpful to know exact GPA and what kind of work you did at EY (audit vs tax vs advisory). Advisory definitely carries more weight compared to the other service lines within BIG4. I know that the India appplicant pool is quite competitive in terms of GMAT scores but 710 will certainly keep you in the running for a spot. With all stats held constant, I think your candidacy will all come down to story execution. Family business, working with MNC's etc. doesn't sound incredibly sexy but it can be depending on how you swing it. I do think $$ would be a stretch without improving GMAT - JMHO.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Kudos
jgn24 wrote:
Newly minted MSB grad here. Good luck to this years prospectives and feel free to PM throughout the admissions process.

Newly minted MSB 1st year here. I'll also be checking the board from time to time and I look forward to aiding the next crop of applicants.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
patsy754 wrote:
jgn24 wrote:

Newly minted MSB 1st year here. I'll also be checking the board from time to time and I look forward to aiding the next crop of applicants.

Thank you!! Have added you in the group of current students. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
patsy754 wrote:
jgn24 wrote:

Thank you!! Have added you in the group of current students. :)

Thanks Narenn! Feels great to be granted that designation finally haha!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
jgn24 wrote:

Looks like they've put up a new website recently. Pretty interactive with some good info but I'm not seeing the latest employment report for the full timers. Any idea when this information is made available or currently located? I'm probably just missing it - forgive my laziness.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
jewel32 wrote:
jgn24 wrote:

Looks like they've put up a new website recently. Pretty interactive with some good info but I'm not seeing the latest employment report for the full timers. Any idea when this information is made available or currently located? I'm probably just missing it - forgive my laziness.

YES! The new website is awesome and a SIGNIFICANT improvement. Only the one for 2013 is still up. I agree it's not readily apparent: you have to go to MBA Career Center, McDonough Advantage, and then scroll down. Here's the url: https://issuu.com/georgetownmcdonough/docs/2013_mba_employment_report/1?e=5325544/5435443
Intern
Intern
Send PM
politricks wrote:
jewel32 wrote:
jgn24 wrote:

YES! The new website is awesome and a SIGNIFICANT improvement. Only the one for 2013 is still up. I agree it's not readily apparent: you have to go to MBA Career Center, McDonough Advantage, and then scroll down. Here's the url: https://issuu.com/georgetownmcdonough/docs/2013_mba_employment_report/1?e=5325544/5435443

Thanks politricks. Actually pretty impressed with the quality/quantity of data provided in this report. Not sure why they make it so difficult to find on their website - you'd think they would want to promote it better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Do I have a shot? I took the GMAT a few weeks ago and I am debating on taking it again or not. I live in Washington, DC and will be pursuing my MBA in the DC area, so my range of schools is very limited. Very interested in Georgetown's program, so I'm hoping a few people can provide some insight.

Thanks!

GMAT: 640 (Q-44,V-33)
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies from the George Washington University
Work Experience: 1 year, 9 months at a nonprofit working in Membership Development. I was recently promoted from Coordinator to Manager as well. Besides my everyday duties in the Membership Department, I maintain the organization's database (roughly 17,000 records) and communications system. I am looking to pursue an MBA concentrated in technology, so I would fall under the category of students who are looking to change careers.
Volunteer: Alumni Advisor to Phi Sigma Pi Beta Mu Chapter at GWU

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just stumbled on this, another reason for optimism perhaps. Have to admit I continue to be impressed by some of the recent changes/upgrades at gtown (and the apparent momentum in the media).

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/08/22/me ... s-of-2016/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi,

I am in a dilemma and need some more info before I hit the submit button for application.
Can the current students please inform of the Consulting firms recruiting International Students via direct association with MSB?

Also what sort of Consulting assignments are available to International candidates?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
In For R1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Application Submitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Submitted my application for R1.

I just checked the application PDF file that I downloaded before submitting the application and I do not see the questions or my responses related to Short- term and Long-term Goals.

I filled my response to these questions before submitting the application and the responses were within the character limit as well. When I checked before submitting, I could see my responses in the relevant space provided for these questions. Also, even now, if I open my application from the website, the responses are visible. They are, however, missing from the PDF.

Anybody else noticed the same?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saisraddhac wrote:
Submitted my application for R1.

I just checked the application PDF file that I downloaded before submitting the application and I do not see the questions or my responses related to Short- term and Long-term Goals.

I filled my response to these questions before submitting the application and the responses were within the character limit as well. When I checked before submitting, I could see my responses in the relevant space provided for these questions. Also, even now, if I open my application from the website, the responses are visible. They are, however, missing from the PDF.

Anybody else noticed the same?

Yes, now that you say that, I don't believe I saw mine either on the PDF. Either way, they are not optional so it would have warned you about them if they weren't in. I think it must just be how they structured the PDF application. I'll have to check when I go home tonight. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know how many total applicants there are in R1? and the stats on that (males/females etc...)? Or that doesn't get released until after all the rounds and decisions.

Also, does anyone have any idea when you would usually hear back from schools? Like do they contact people for interviews in October, November? If accepted right away, is that held until December 20 or they could tell you at any point? Same for denied, do you receive the bad news at anytime or not until the end?

Would really appreciate some insight. I haven't been sleeping well! Terribly anxious but hopeful.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts