Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Hey,
Does anyone know when the interview dates go live? I am flying down from Mumbai in the last week of September, and want to interview at Tuck on 9/30 or 10/1. Any ideas as to when I can lock the dates?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Hey,
Does anyone know when the interview dates go live? I am flying down from Mumbai in the last week of September, and want to interview at Tuck on 9/30 or 10/1. Any ideas as to when I can lock the dates?

"Registration for 2014-2015 applicant-initiated interviews will be available in August. Interviews are conducted Monday - Friday and begin September 5, 2014."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
politricks wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Hey,

"Registration for 2014-2015 applicant-initiated interviews will be available in August. Interviews are conducted Monday - Friday and begin September 5, 2014."

I highly recommend everyone who can signs up for the applicant initiated interviews. I had (believe it or not) a great time at mine and I fell in love with Hanover. Definitely looking forward to welcoming this year's applicants to campus!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Club Spotlight: Faith Based Groups

Inclusiveness, camaraderie, participation—these are Tuck traditions. From club meetings to student-run symposia to volunteering in the wider community, you'll find ways to get involved at Tuck. The following faith based student groups serve to connect those with shared religious beliefs and traditions, as well as to introduce their beliefs and traditions to less familiar members of Tuck’s community.

The Tuck Jewish Association: The Tuck Jewish Association was founded to help build a sense of community for the Jewish students at Tuck, especially around the Holidays.  Yet, the Jewish Association does more than just that – we also want to help students and faculty at Tuck, more broadly, share in our customs and traditions.  In addition to dinners around the High Holy Days, we celebrated Sukkot at a Professor’s House, relived the glory days of Jewish Camp during a Cabin Night and held a school-wide Passover Seder with almost 100 Tuck Students (pictured above).  This year, we’re extending the festivities to include a Chanukah-Themed Tuck Tails (Latkes – potato pancakes - and jelly donuts included!) and a Purim (costume party). The Tuck Jewish Association is excited to celebrate and share the culture and traditions of Judaism with the entire Tuck Community!

Celebrating Rosh Hashanah

The Association of Christian Tuck Students: ACTS is a group of Tuck affiliates who worship Jesus Christ and who are dedicated to serving others. ACTS purpose is to support followers of Jesus in their faith and to be a resource for the community. ACTS is especially available to those who may be interested in learning more about the life of Jesus and the significance of committing their will to Him. We do so by hosting weekly meetings of Bible reading and discussion and organizing various dinners and trips throughout the year.

ACTS Christmas Dinner
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: If at First You Don’t Succeed: Advice for Reapplicants
I have been getting lots of questions from unsuccessful applicants who are planning to reapply to Tuck this coming fall. Many want to know what we think of reapplicants, what they can do to improve their chances the next time, and what the process is.

First, what do we think of reapplicants? We are happy to see them! The fact that you are committed enough to Tuck to try again shows us you sincerely want to be here – and we like people who really want to be here! That said, we want to see reapplicants who have taken steps to strengthen their candidacy, not someone who simply resubmits the previous application. Spend some time evaluating what areas might have held you back the first time and work hard to improve them. Some common areas that come to mind are: GMAT score; limited quantitative skills; limited work experience; unclear goals or reasons for wanting to come to Tuck; failure to differentiate yourself from others.

On the GMAT, while there is no magic number required for admission, and we admit people with a wide range of scores, if you find your score is significantly below our average, you might want to consider giving it another try. If you are at our average, but know you can probably do better, a higher score does help differentiate your application.

If you are someone who has had very limited exposure to quantitative skills in your undergraduate education or work and/or a low quant score on the GMAT, you might want to consider taking some classes to show us that you can handle the work. Suggested classes would be financial accounting, statistics and microeconomics.

In terms of work experience, again there is no magic number as to how many years you must have, but if you are only a year or two out of school, you might want to think about waiting a little longer to reapply until you get some more experience under your belt. Additionally, if you are on the briefer side of experience (and actually this goes for anyone applying) you will really want to highlight the quality of the experience you have had. So even if it is brief, show us how much you have accomplished.

Unclear goals and/or reasons for wanting to come to Tuck is something we see from a lot of applicants. While we don’t need your life plan down to the most specific detail, having a good sense of where you are heading is important. I find the best answers to this question tell us what you want to do short-term and long-term (and short-term should not be “getting an MBA,” we want to know what you want to do post-MBA) and why you want to do that. What in your past experiences has led you to this conclusion? Next tell us why an MBA is going to help you reach those goals, and try to be more specific than just “getting business skills.” Finally, tell us why an MBA from Tuck, as opposed to other schools, will help you reach those goals. Talk about unique programs we offer that are related to your area of interest or how the community will support your plans.

Finally, differentiating yourself from the rest of the applicant pool: this can be hard sometimes, but focus on being yourself. Let your personality come through. You are more than just your job or where you went to school. Tell us who you really are and what you are passionate about, rather than telling us what you think we want to hear. Tell us what makes you unique and how your experiences will contribute to the community and the learning of your classmates.

Procedurally, applying as a reapplicant is just the same as the first time you applied. You must complete the entire application including all of the essays. Additionally, you must complete a reapplicant essay explaining how you have strengthened your application, so going through the analysis I outlined above will be helpful. Even though the essay prompts are comparable to those from previous years, I strongly encourage you to rewrite all of them. Some of the topics you choose may stay very similar, but approaching them with a fresh voice is likely to make them stronger. We will have your prior application when we review your new one, and we will refer back to you prior essays. However, we will not review it as carefully as your new application, so make sure that anything important is included in your new application.

If you are able, I encourage you to come to campus for an interview, even if you already interviewed before. It provides another opportunity to share your story and explain what you have done in the past year to improve your application. However, if you are not able to visit again, we will have your prior interview evaluation on file.  We may, or may not, invite you to re-interview depending on if we feel we need additional information from you.

I hope that gives you some ideas for your new application. Good luck. We look forward to hearing from you again, and remember; some of our favorite students at Tuck were ones who got in on the second try (and a few on the third!)
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Club Spotlight: Asia Business Club

Asia Business Club (ASB) at Tuck is an active organization with devoted members who share the same goal - to promote Asian culture at Tuck and to facilitate professional and personal networks among our club members. In the academic year of 2013-2014, ASB organized a series of school-wide events for our beloved Tuck community, including a Sunday brunch networking event, and internship in Asia Panel, and one of the most anticipated parties of the year – China, Korea, Japan Night, which includes traditional Asian cuisine, a fashion show, as well as dance, musical instrument, and singing performances.

The diversity of Tuck students in terms of nationality and background is highly appreciated by each and every individual in the community. ASB has always been a huge advocate of the importance of Tuck/Asia connections to strengthen the value of diversity.  Our objective is not only to help everyone be connected during our time at Tuck, but to prolong the relationship to a lifetime of friendship, which is what makes Tuck so unique from our peers.

In the coming year, we will keep passing on the long tradition of ASB to T’16s, and also strive for better and richer ASB events for the whole Tuck community. In addition, since Asia has become one of the most popular destinations for MBA graduates, another main focus of ASB is to help current, incoming, and future students who are interested in career opportunities in Asia with their job-searching strategy.

The Asia Business Club co-chairs for 2014-2015 are Hyon Bae Park from Korea, Ming Hui from the U.S., Karen Zhang from China, and Caesar Shih from Taiwan. We look forward to connecting with you!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Getting ready to hit the road!
In just about one week, the admissions team will hit the road for the start of the recruiting season.  While part of me is wondering where on Earth the summer has gone, the other part is getting really excited as I start to make my travel reservations.  Admissions travel is a lot of fun, because we get to go out and meet so many interesting and accomplished prospective students, reconnect with alumni, and we get to talk about something we are truly passionate about . . . Tuck!  I started counting how many cities our team will be visiting this season and lost track.  Chances are though; we are coming to a city near you!  Some events will be fairs, others small coffees, and a large number will be Tuck receptions where we bring together prospective students with Tuck alums who will share their Tuck experiences.  All of these events are a great way to learn more about Tuck, and I encourage you to attend.  You can check out exactly where we will be and register to attend an event by visiting our website.  I look forward to meeting you on the road!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Club Spotlight: Outdoor Club

Inclusiveness, camaraderie, participation—these are Tuck traditions. From club meetings to student-run symposia to volunteering in the wider community, you'll find ways to get involved at Tuck. And there's no doubt you’ll be able to do a lot of this while outside enjoying the beautiful New England landscape. Spending two years at Tuck provides a great opportunity to embrace all that nature offers.

What says “Tuck” like the Outdoor Club?  Perennially one of the most popular clubs in school, we have people of all experience levels simply getting together to spend some time together in the Upper Valley.  Never been on a hike?  No problem, we can show you the ropes!  Climbed El Capitan backwards twice in the same day this summer while blindfolded?  Great!  We would love to have you share your stories and help some of the aspiring newbies.

Many Tuckies start getting a taste of Tuck Outdoor events at ASW (pictured above), but that is only the tip of the iceberg.  Historically events include hiking, kayaking/canoeing, biking, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, snowshoeing, ice climbing, and of course cabin nights – start the countdown to Moosilauke now!  That said, we are always open to new ideas and want to make sure everyone has a chance to get outside (and perhaps outside of their comfort zone a little) during their time at Tuck.  We look forward to seeing everyone back at school, where we’ll hopefully be able to get outside as much as possible in the beautiful New England fall weather!!

T’15 Moosilauke Cabin Night, Fall 2013
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Top 10 Things You May Not Know About Tuck: #10 - #6
#10 – 70.9%

Our alumni are devoted to the school and demonstrably engaged in the school’s ongoing success. This year, over 70.9% of our alumni participated in the Tuck Annual Giving campaign – a figure more than double the average rate of other top business schools. And they give not only their money, but their time. Tuck students become part of a powerful alumni network that gives them a lifetime ROI.

#9 – Location, location, location.

Our location is a big advantage for Tuck students. For example, in career development: we have over 300 executives visit Tuck every year. And when they come, they stay. Our students are able to meet with them during office hours, discuss cases with them in class, and talk with them over dinner. Our location encourages close connections within the class, between students and faculty, and in the community. The quality of interaction in Hanover is rich and rewarding.

#8 – We’re #1.

Tuck was the first graduate management school in the world. The same qualities that made us a forerunner in graduate management education still motivate us today: the drive to prepare business leaders, the confidence to dive into new endeavors, and the emphasis on the student experience. And, as part of Dartmouth College, we have the abundant resources of a top Ivy League institution at our fingertips.

#7 – Nice; too nice.

Our graduates are nice. They know how to work and play well with others. They’re high achieving, absolutely, and they know how to get the job done, but they’re also collaborative, not overly competitive. Why? Because over the course of two years in our close-knit environment, working in study groups and on numerous team projects, they learn how to work together, disagree, and get things done.

#6 – You run into the most interesting people while getting coffee.

I just said good morning to John Lynch, the former New Hampshire Governor, on my way to get coffee. One of our incoming T’16s had lunch with Governor Lynch the other day. I regularly see faculty likeMatt Slaughter chatting with students in the cafeteria, Ron Adner talking with a current Tuckie as they walk down the hallway, and Leslie Robinson catching up with a student in Stell Hall. Our faculty is talented, diverse, and interested in getting to know you.

#5 - #1 Things You May Not Know About Tuck coming soon...
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Finding the right person to speak for you - choosing your recommenders
Letters of recommendation help provide us with additional insight into your career accomplishments, as well as your personal and professional strengths and weaknesses.  The recommendation is the only part of the application not completed by the applicant themselves.  Because the applicant isn’t writing the recommendation, sometimes they think that they don’t have much influence over it.  This isn’t true.  By picking the best recommenders to make your case, you can have a lot of impact.

Who to pick?  Typically, we prefer to see recommendations from your professional experience and from a direct supervisor.  Someone who has worked with you closely and can really speak to your work experience, leadership, maturity, team orientation, communication skills, intellectual ability and interpersonal skills in detail and with supporting anecdotes is ideal.  We are not swayed by a recommender’s title.  A brief, generic letter from the CEO who hasn’t worked with you closely won’t have nearly as much impact as a thoughtful discussion of your performance from a middle manager.

One of the top questions I get from applicants is, “I don’t want my supervisor to know I am applying to business school.  What should I do?”  Applicants fear telling their supervisor will impact their job security or potential bonuses.  My first answer is not to worry, we see this frequently.  If you are not providing a recommendation from your current supervisor, you should include an optional essay explaining the situation; otherwise, we may make a negative assumption you don’t have a good working relationship with him/her.  Next, you should choose someone else who can provide good insight.  Some suggestions are: a former supervisor; a co-worker who you don’t report to, but who is senior to you; or a client.  If you have extensive involvement with an extracurricular organization someone in a senior role there can be another good option.  Also, these are all good options for your second recommender since you need to provide us with two.

Another question I frequently get is “I work for a family company and my supervisor is my mother, father, uncle, etc. [or I am an entrepreneur and I don’t have a supervisor] Who should I use?”  We do not recommend asking family for a recommendation.  No matter how hard they try, there is going to be a perceived bias in their comments.  In these situations, we suggest asking a client, customer, outside advisor, or a non-family member in a high-level position within the organization to write for you instead.  You can also use a former supervisor if you worked for another company before you joined your family company or started your own business.  A business partner is also a good option if you are an entrepreneur.

Except for the extracurricular situation I described above, I don’t recommend choosing people who don’t interact with you on a professional basis.   Steer clear of asking professors.  We know how you performed in the class from your grades, and professors are not usually in a position to provide insight into the areas we are most interested in learning about.  Likewise, having a friend write for you isn’t helpful.  They can’t speak to the areas we are looking for, and they come across as biased too.  Occasionally we will see recommendations from a VIP like a government official or high level business leader that the applicant may know but doesn’t work with.  This isn’t helpful.  Again, we aren’t swayed by the title.

Other questions I frequently get on this subject:

“I have had more than one job - should I have two recommendations from my current employer or one from each?”  Use your best judgment on this one.  If your prior job was a long time ago, the information about your performance there might be less relevant.  However, if you have only been in each job a relatively short time, or the two jobs were very different, having the perspective from each employer helps us get a more complete picture of you.  It also helps us see that you left a prior job on good terms.  If two recommendations from the same employer will say essentially the same thing, then giving perspective from another employer is also nice to see.

“What if I have a new supervisor who doesn’t know me well?”  Explain the situation to us in the optional essay and select someone from my suggestions above who does know you well.

“Should my recommender be a Tuck alum?”  Only if he or she works with you closely and can speak about your job performance in detail.  Again, we are not swayed by the title or the credentials; we want the recommender to know you well.  That said, if you work with a Tuckie, they would be a great choice, particularly since they can also speak to your fit for Tuck.

“Can I submit more than two recommendations?”  We would prefer you didn’t.  Only submit a 3rd if you feel it is absolutely critical to providing a complete picture of your candidacy.

“What if my recommender doesn’t speak English?”  In this situation, you should have your recommender write his comments in his native language, and then have it translated into English by an official translator.  You should not translate it for him.

Once you have selected who will write your recommendations, take some time to help prepare them.  It should go without saying, be sure to give your recommender plenty of time to complete the letter by the deadline.  Then, sit down with them to talk about your goals and reasons for getting an MBA.  Spend some time reminding them of your recent performance reviews, and talk about your significant accomplishments.  This will help them write a more compelling evaluation because they will have specific examples to use in support of their comments.   

Now, I am NOT saying that you should tell your recommender what to say.  We want an honest and independent assessment of your skills.  Occasionally, we will hear that a recommender asks the applicant to prepare a draft, or even write the letter for them and they will sign their name to it.  If this request is made of you, you should decline.  Doing so is a violation of the terms of our application process and Tuck’s Academic Honor Principle and could result in rescission of an offer of admission or termination of a student’s enrollment.

Finally, be sure to thank your recommender (profusely!).  Writing these letters takes a lot of work, particularly if you are applying to several schools.  Show your appreciation, because you may want to use them as a reference again in the future.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Excited to set up my interview for Tuck (again), I am still on the waiting list.... wonder when I should ask for feedback?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Top 10 Things You May Not Know About Tuck: #5 - #1
#5 – This is a great place to embrace the seasons.

Yes, you’ve heard that it can get cold in New Hampshire. It does. But, while winter is a season to get through in New York or Chicago (and doesn’t really exist in LA), here it’s a season we embrace. Tuck Winter Carnival, Occom Pond skating, the Dartmouth Skiway, and tripod hockey are just some of the ways we enjoy the season.

But Hanover is so much more. Spring brings running season into full swing, starting with Tuck’s AFAA 5/10K Veteran’s run and the Run for the Kids, moving to the Covered Bridge Half Marathon in early June, all the way through the CHaD Half Marathon in the fall. Crystal clear summer skies mean it’s time to swim, kayak, or sail on one of the area’s numerous lakes and the Connecticut River, or time to pick fresh berries at Cedar Circle Farm or Super Acres. With the return of the crisp fall air, you can enjoy the most gorgeous display of red, orange, and gold found in nature as the leaves change, plus enjoy apple picking at Poverty Lane Orchards or hiking in the White Mountains.

#4 – Our students are going places.

Tuck students travel the world. Last year, Learning Expeditions took students to Singapore, Vietnam, Israel, Brazil, South Africa, and Japan. Students taking the Tuck Global Consultancy elective have led consulting projects in places like Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Switzerland, the UK, Brazil, Spain, China, Uruguay, India, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium, just to name a few. The First-Year Project, a capstone of the first year at Tuck, has taken students to study sustainable aquaculture in Madagascar, a health clinic on a Native American reservation in North Dakota, and social entrepreneurship in Guatemala.

#3 – Our alumni are going places too.

Our 9,500 current alumni live in over 65 countries around the world. 70% of our alums reach top management positions in their respective fields. And with the backing of our superlative alumni network, our current students know that they’ll have contacts no matter where their career aspirations take them.

#2 – The Box, Latitude Six-Six, and more.

Our alumni are entrepreneurs and it starts during their time at Tuck. The Dartmouth community now enjoys great Mediterranean cuisine from our new food truck, The Box, started by recent alums Eric Winn and Mike Parshley during their two years here. Sam Alexander (T’14) beganLatitude Six-Six, an adventure travel company, while at Tuck, winning second place in the Dartmouth Ventures Conference entrepreneurship competition. Tuck alums Tim Healy and David Brewster had two employees for their start-up EnerNOC when they graduated in 2002. By the time EnerNOC went public in 2007, they had 100 employees and $26 million in revenues. Gretchen Wallace, T’01, founder of Global Grassroots, started her entrepreneurial work during her time at Tuck, helping to launch what eventually became Tuck’s Center for Business and Society.

#1 – We’re interested in getting to know you.

Who you are is important in our community and it starts before you even walk in the door. I already mentioned how much access you’ll have to executives, faculty, and classmates. It’s true in the admissions process as well. In a survey of applicants, AIGAC ranked Tuck Admissions first in how well we get to know you. We have an interview policy that allows you to schedule an interview, not just wait for an invitation. And yes, we still have admission essays – not because we want you to jump through hoops, but because we want to hear your story.

Missed #6 - #10? Check them out!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
GrantMeAdmission wrote:
Excited to set up my interview for Tuck (again), I am still on the waiting list.... wonder when I should ask for feedback?

Drop admissions an email or give them a call. Be totally up front about your continued interest in going to Tuck and that you will re-apply even though you are still on the summer waitlist. I am guessing they will probably go ahead and give you feedback since it's only 3 weeks until orientation starts.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Club Spotlight: Entertainment, Sports & Media

The ESM Club strives to provide Tuck students with access and exposure to careers and events in the entertainment, sports, and media industry.  In the fall, the club plans to facilitate ticket procurement for students interested in attending the February MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston.  Also in the fall, we look to expand our traditional offerings by organizing a trip to a regional event, such as a New England film festival.  We also plan to co-sponsor the annual Tuck Super Bowl viewing party in February. 

This spring, the club will host its annual symposium.  Last year’s event drew panelists from the NBA, HBO, and other exciting industry heavyweights.  This year’s event will focus on the rapidly changing means by which consumers engage with media.  One of the goals of the symposium will be to address current distribution issues facing the industry, such as the increase in direct–to-consumer streaming via app-based platforms and the controversy surrounding net neutrality that has erupted as a result.  We also look to provide insight into original content that has developed as a result of this changing distribution model.   We will have a broad range of panelists in attendance from a variety of industries and job functions who will offer their inside perspectives on the state of the industry today and their opinion on where it may be headed in the future.

The goal of these activities is twofold:  to expose the Tuck student body to key trends in the entertainment, sports, and media industry and to provide interested students with the insight, information, and means necessary to attain internship or full-time opportunities.   Therefore, we work closely with the Career Development Office to disseminate job postings, engage recruiters, and connect students with the appropriate alumni.  This summer, T’15 ESM Club members are currently working in internship roles at the NBA, ESPN, Paramount Pictures, and Disney. 

If you have any questions or would just like to connect, please feel free to reach out by commenting below.  We look forward to hearing from you and to getting you started on the path towards your dream job in entertainment, sports, and media.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
The Interview dates are live! For anyone visiting in Fall A, that is between 9/05 and 10/03, register now!

I registered for 9/30. Anyone else looking to visit around the same time? Would love to meet up.

Note: The week from 9/26 to 10/3 does not have a class visit. This is because Fall A ends the previous week, and I guess first years will have exams then. Tough luck for me, since my travel plans are set. Anyone else who is flexible, do take note.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Flyte wrote:
politricks wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Hey,

I highly recommend everyone who can signs up for the applicant initiated interviews. I had (believe it or not) a great time at mine and I fell in love with Hanover. Definitely looking forward to welcoming this year's applicants to campus!

Hey Flyte,
I am visiting and will be in Hanover on 9/29 and 9/30. Would love to meet up! Let me know how to get in touch with you.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Come to the Forté Forums!
One of my areas of responsibility at Tuck is women’s recruiting, and for any women who are thinking about business school, I highly recommend you look into the Forté Foundation.  Forté is an organization committed to educating and directing talented women toward careers in business.  It is made up of a consortium of top business schools and major corporations, and as a founding member, Tuck has been involved with Forté from the start.  Forté’s website contains lots of useful information about business school, careers in business, etc. and shares the stories of women who have gone before you.  It is a great networking, mentoring and educational tool.

My favorite thing about Forté is participating in the annual Forté Forums held in the late summer/early fall.  Forté hosts these events in 12 cities in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.  The Forums provide an opportunity for women thinking about business school to speak one-on-one with representatives from all of the Forté member schools.  There will also be a panel of admissions officers providing helpful tips on creating the best application possible, and a panel of business school alumnae to talk about the value of an MBA education and their business school and career experiences.  Tuck will be at all of the Forums this year: Boston (8/18); Washington D.C. (8/19); Atlanta (8/20); Miami (8/21); Seattle (8/25); San Francisco (8/26); Los Angeles (8/27); Houston (8/28); Chicago (9/8); New York City (9/9 and 9/10); Toronto (9/11); and London (10/7).  I encourage you to register to attend one of the events and look forward to seeing you there!

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts