Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Send PM
Re: Scored a 750 (Q49, V42) yesterday with a week of studying [#permalink]
Kudos
While it's certainly possible to get a 99% score with only a week of studying, it's very, very rare and was only possible in your case because of a high level of natural intelligence, a sustained history of standardized test taking, and a healthy dose of luck. It's clear from your writeup that you got a great score in spite of being very underprepared and this simply won't be the case for most - engineering background or not.

Congratulations on a great score though! Btw - Engineering undergrad, consulting, MCAT, actuary exam, and now GMAT? Are you Leonardo Da Vinci or just having a hard time deciding what to do? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I scored 760 with one day of studying. And by one day, I mean I took one practice test the day before, scoring 750 on that. So yeah, it can be done. I didn't think the GMAT was hard, at all. I got a 168 on the LSAT in February, also with no studying. The key: don't stress.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
idaily wrote:
I scored 760 with one day of studying. And by one day, I mean I took one practice test the day before, scoring 750 on that. So yeah, it can be done. I didn't think the GMAT was hard, at all. I got a 168 on the LSAT in February, also with no studying. The key: don't stress.

Posts like this are so unconstructive. You have a total of 3 posts which are all about scoring a 760 with no studying, which you apparently did two days ago. I would question why your account was made in early May then, but OK sure. Studying or no studying, did you really come on here just to brag?
Attachments

30a[1].jpeg
30a[1].jpeg [ 52 KiB | Viewed 7117 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
epigonitydides wrote:

Posts like this are so unconstructive. You have a total of 3 posts which are all about scoring a 760 with no studying, which you apparently did two days ago. I would question why your account was made in early May then, but OK sure. Studying or no studying, did you really come on here just to brag?

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to brag. That's not the case. My total of 3 posts include 2 posts on the 700+ club and 99% club. All I was trying to do was encourage fellow test-takers who may feel unprepared or don't think that they've put in the hours to get the score that they want. Honestly, I was aiming for a 700, so I was pretty surprised to see 760 pop up on my screen. I felt pretty relaxed going into it, especially with the new rules that allow you to see your score before submitting to your selected schools. If you don't believe me, then I really couldn't care less.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
idaily wrote:

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to brag. That's not the case. My total of 3 posts include 2 posts on the 700+ club and 99% club. All I was trying to do was encourage fellow test-takers who may feel unprepared or don't think that they've put in the hours to get the score that they want. Honestly, I was aiming for a 700, so I was pretty surprised to see 760 pop up on my screen. I felt pretty relaxed going into it, especially with the new rules that allow you to see your score before submitting to your selected schools. If you don't believe me, then I really couldn't care less.

Walking into the GMAT unprepared is not something that should be encouraged regardless of what one or two outliers claim to have achieved. If bankers can take the time to study while pulling 100 hour weeks then so can you.

You're either a liar or a very lazy savant.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Scored a 750 (Q49, V42) yesterday with a week of studying [#permalink]
Kudos
@idaily and @epigonitydides ...
I think we should stop this discussion and focus on something constructive.
Congrats idaily and lowlyconsultant for the scores.
GMAT Club Bot
Scored a 750 (Q49, V42) yesterday with a week of studying [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts