Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Lying on Resume [#permalink]
Kudos
I think lying is always a bad idea - on your resume, application or life in general. Don't forget that some schools use companies that perform a background check on you and everything you wrote in the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks all for helping.
Since I have already paid, I am stuck with him. :(
I told him that I won't lie, even though that makes my app weaker. He has reluctantly agreed and said I might stain his track record.
I am least bothered about him now. But advise for others, while evaluating consultants tell them how much you are willing to lie beforehand.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
As a note - you should be able to withdraw any portion of your payment for services unrendered. Any reputable firm should have a policy that handles that. For example, our Terms & Conditions stipulate termination of services, initiated by the client, are entitled to a full refund for any prorated amount for services that haven't begun or been rendered yet. If he's that worried about his track record, he shouldn't have a problem with this.

Bhavik
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
What a bunch of crap. Get a new admissions consultant (or go without) ASAP. There are plenty of reputable ones that post here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
A lot of resumes are there. so recruiters can not read all of them. you be helped MBA resume with the writing person.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
I fully agree that you should not lie in any circumstance. But there are diferente ways you can address your accomplishments in your resumé.
Imagine for instance two sushi restaurants, one right next to the other and with the same food and service quality. One advertisse the restaurant like "We sell raw, cold fish", and the other "Come and have the greatest japanese food in the area!". Neither is telling any lies, but for sure the second one will be more succesful.
My point is: i'm sure that in your professional career you've participated in a number of different projects; but sometimes you don't give yourself enough credit for the things you did. It is common to think of your accomplishments as "ordinary". I suggest you talk to your current supervisor and ask for a feedback of your strenghts and how important was your role during a specific project. This should strenghten your resume quit a lot, because you be much more aware of your role inside the organization.

And yeah, you should leave your current admissions consultant asap! =)
GMAT Club Bot