Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [7]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Hey

Thanks for the assist! I had posted a general query in the said forum, but have received no response so far. I posted here to understand whether I would fit in the scheme of things at Tepper as I need to start working on my applications very soon.

Cheers! :)

farful wrote:
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan

Hi Akarshan,

It's pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you stand as an applicant. That said, I suggest you try posting somewhere on this forum instead: ask-admission-consultants-124/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
farful wrote:
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan

Hi Akarshan,

It's pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you stand as an applicant. That said, I suggest you try posting somewhere on this forum instead: ask-admission-consultants-124/

Hi Akarshan,

Profile alone is not enough information to understand your chances. As director of Admission at Tepper told me last year, of all the applications they receive almost 60 to 70% are "academically qualified". Your essays, recommendations and above all your ability to convince adcom that Tepper is the right fit for you and you are the right fit for Tepper are very important criteria. Key questions you will need to address in your essays - why an MBA, why now and why Tepper. BTW, I am matriculating this year at Tepper. Got accepted with $$$.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V43
Send PM
@MBADream2013 - Congrats on the admit !

Do you know if international applicants are necessarily required to submit an Affidavit of Support or Financial Statement at the time of application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.63
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to Tepper for full-time MBA program and I am looking forward to programs that can offer me scholarship. I do not want to have a post-MBA debt. I have been told by a few people around me that Tepper does not offer scholarships. What is the opinion on GMATClub? What are other means, except for loans, through which I can get my MBA from Tepper funded?

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Nikhil,

Not sure where you're getting your information from, but Tepper does offer scholarships. See here: https://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... ellowships
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Kudos
MukundV wrote:
@MBADream2013 - Congrats on the admit !

Do you know if international applicants are necessarily required to submit an Affidavit of Support or Financial Statement at the time of application ?

Hi Mukund,

Sorry for the LATE reply. School has started and Tepper does keep you BUSY.

Anyways, your best bet is to email Alesha Simpson with admissions office - her email address is aleshal@andrew.cmu.edu. She is Masters Admissions Coordinator.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Kudos
Bookmarks
chugnikhil wrote:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to Tepper for full-time MBA program and I am looking forward to programs that can offer me scholarship. I do not want to have a post-MBA debt. I have been told by a few people around me that Tepper does not offer scholarships. What is the opinion on GMATClub? What are other means, except for loans, through which I can get my MBA from Tepper funded?

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

Tepper does offer scholarships. But I have never heard of someone getting full scholarship. I did get merit based scholarship but it paid for only a portion of the tuition. Scholarships are dependent on your academic and professional achievements, your extra curricular activities, community service etc. There is no specific formula.

On the other side, investing in a good MBA program will pay for itself in short run. Amount of student loan will seem insignificant compared with kind of career advancement you will get after the MBA. For example at Tepper this year 100% of all students who were seeking internships received one. Nearly 90% of the students seeking full time employment get one within 3 months of graduation with 5 figure signing bonus and 6 figure salaries with some of the most reputed corporations in the world.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.63
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBADream2013 wrote:
chugnikhil wrote:
Hi All,

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

Tepper does offer scholarships. But I have never heard of someone getting full scholarship. I did get merit based scholarship but it paid for only a portion of the tuition. Scholarships are dependent on your academic and professional achievements, your extra curricular activities, community service etc. There is no specific formula.

On the other side, investing in a good MBA program will pay for itself in short run. Amount of student loan will seem insignificant compared with kind of career advancement you will get after the MBA. For example at Tepper this year 100% of all students who were seeking internships received one. Nearly 90% of the students seeking full time employment get one within 3 months of graduation with 5 figure signing bonus and 6 figure salaries with some of the most reputed corporations in the world.

Hi,

Thanks for an insightful response to my query. It will surely help me decide objectively on whether to apply to Tepper or not.

Regards,

Nikhil
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Send PM
If you plan on applying to Tepper, you can read about my experience so far as a current student here: my-tepper-experience-thus-far-185146.html

It's also probably good essay fodder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM