Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Inside Northwestern Kellogg B-school’s ambitious growth plan

Originally posted on Fortune:

(Poets&Quants) — It has been just over four years since Sally Blount assumed the deanship of Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. During that time, the former dean of New York University’s undergraduate business program has led dramatic change at the school on nearly every front.

The latest piece—announced Monday—is a new strategy focused on “inspiring growth.” Close observers may wonder why the school is tinkering once again with the Kellogg brand. After all, it was only three years ago that the school launched an ambitious effort to rebrand itself under the tagline: “Think Bravely: We believe that business can be bravely led, passionately collaborative, and world changing.”

But Blount, a cerebral academic with a reputation for being a whirlwind, insists the new campaign is a smart refinement of all the work that has gone on to refresh and update the school over the past 30 months or…

View original 1,608 more words

Filed under: Uncategorized
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
secondtimesthecharm wrote:
Trying to work through the Employer section of the app. Does anyone know if we are supposed to include jobs/internships we had during our undergrad? I'm assuming we are supposed to enter all past jobs here, since it doesn't specify otherwise, but I've seen other apps specify to only include employment experience from "after completing your university studies," so I wanted to check and see what you all think. Thanks in advance!

In the Education section of the application, it asks you to list the jobs you had while you were in School. I'm personally not including anything before graduation in the employment history. I've been working since I was 15, so that would require way too many fields.

Thanks, forevertfc! I completely forgot that I had already provided that info in the Education section as well. I guess that's one issue with completing 5 apps at the same time :P Thanks again!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [3]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a few weeks into Kellogg...I went into it with very high expectations, and the school has absolutely exceeded them. The culture, people, campus-life, opportunities, etc are truly amazing. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions (although I might be a bit slow responding).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
mgg234 wrote:
I'm a few weeks into Kellogg...I went into it with very high expectations, and the school has absolutely exceeded them. The culture, people, campus-life, opportunities, etc are truly amazing. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions (although I might be a bit slow responding).

MGH, thanks for your offer. I am sure you are doing great.

For anyone looking, MGH posted some great advice in his application debrief:

journey-to-kellogg-school-of-management-169277.html

Do take a look.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Are you growth minded?

Growth is a challenge that every leader and organization confronts. At Kellogg, we develop brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets.

This is what sets us apart.

This is the Kellogg difference.

Learn more: https://kell.gg/1tW4Lvs

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Career, Research, Student Life
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
for anyone concerned with how to get out of work for an interview - they do have a few Saturday appointments left. I just made my appt and had 3 dates to choose from with multiple time slots for each. You can schedule it as soon as you submit the app, even before recommendations and the video are submitted. This is for on-campus interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Does anyone here apply for the one-year program? I've completed the program of interest part of the online form for Kellogg's verification of my eligibility for the one-year MBA program. Kellogg promises I will receive response within 72 hours. However, a couple of days passed and I haven't received any reply yet. So is there anyone encountering the same problem with me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
R1 :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bml1105 wrote:
masoy wrote:
bml1105 wrote:
I know the Round 1 deadline for Kellogg is September 24th. Additionally, we have a week after submitting our application to complete the video essay. However, does the video essay also have to be completed before September 24th if we want to be considered in Round 1?

I have the same question. I tried researching for an answer everywhere on Kellogg website but couldn't spot anything that specifically addressed whether the deadline for the video essays is the same as for the rest of the application

Thanks masoy! I was starting to think I was crazy. I'm just going to try to get my recommenders to finish up their recommendations a few days early.

I had called the AdCom last week and they said I have one week for video essay from the time I submit the application. So, if I submit the app on 24th September I have until 1st October to submit the video. Hope that Helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V43
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
What are the questions that are being sent to recommenders this year? I need to brief my recommender on this...
Also if I add the two recommender details, is the list of questions sent out to them immediately?

Thanks in advance :)
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Alumni Spotlight: Chris Motley ’11
Get to know some of Kellogg’s alumni who are bringing bold entrepreneurial visions to life.

The cliché is true, says Chris Motley ’11: Companies tend to hire on skills and fire on fit.

Problem is, during the hiring process, fit is hard to determine and harder to quantify. Fitting in at a company is one of the reasons so many people are unhappy at work, Motley says, citing a Gallup poll that reported two-thirds of employees are not engaged with their jobs.

Better Weekdays hopes to change that dynamic. Founded by Motley in 2012, the career-management platform uses big data and analytics to match job-seeking professionals with candidate-seeking companies, based on compatibility and cultural fit.

Launching in beta last summer, the platform uses an engine called MatchRank to determine job seekers’ personalities and competencies using data from their résumés, employment preferences and JobScript. A self-assessment tool similar to the Myers-Briggs test, JobScript analyzes an individual’s personality (motivations and values) and makes job recommendations based on that information.

At the same time, the technology scrapes the web for job postings, attaches metadata to the postings and then filters them to candidates according to compatibility. To date, the website maintains approximately more than 300,000 job postings.

Learn more about Chris and how Kellogg helped him get where he is today.

Filed under: Career Tagged: Alumni Spotlight, entrepreneurship
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi Guys i am looking forward to apply in R1 for the one year program. I too finished up that course selection part and have not recieved any response from Kellog team regarding my eligibility.

Also on the video essay part i was told during the information session that you will have to submit the video essays within the deadline. There is no extra time given for the video essay like Yale...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
mbathisyear wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Thanks masoy! I was starting to think I was crazy. I'm just going to try to get my recommenders to finish up their recommendations a few days early.

I had called the AdCom last week and they said I have one week for video essay from the time I submit the application. So, if I submit the app on 24th September I have until 1st October to submit the video. Hope that Helps.

Yup, same as on the FAQ section of the website:

Q: How much time will I have to complete the video essays?
A: After submitting your application you will be given access to the Video Essay component and will have one week after the application is due to complete the Video Essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
sundaresa87 wrote:
Hi Guys i am looking forward to apply in R1 for the one year program. I too finished up that course selection part and have not recieved any response from Kellog team regarding my eligibility.

Also on the video essay part i was told during the information session that you will have to submit the video essays within the deadline. There is no extra time given for the video essay like Yale...

I called the adcom of Kellogg just now. They said the response would be most likely sent today and it was not necessary to submit the video essay on or before the deadline, but just within 7 days following the submission of your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Kudos
engineer1234 wrote:
for anyone concerned with how to get out of work for an interview - they do have a few Saturday appointments left. I just made my appt and had 3 dates to choose from with multiple time slots for each. You can schedule it as soon as you submit the app, even before recommendations and the video are submitted. This is for on-campus interviews.

Did you get the sense that only those 3 days remained? I am very close to finishing the application, hopefully I can make the call on Friday.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
So many conflicting answers for the video essay. I actually chose to email my recommenders, explain the video essay and asked them to submit their recommendations by Friday. Then I can finish the video essays this weekend in time. Better safe than sorry if you can get it done.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Looking ahead to Kellogg Military Preview Day
In partnership with the Kellogg Veterans Association, the admissions team is proud to invite military veterans to our inaugural Kellogg Military Preview Day. This year’s event will be held on Friday, Oct. 10.

Prospective students who come to the event will be able to learn all about the transition from the military to business school and how the school supports veterans. The preview day will also showcase the strong student culture and tight-knit veteran community at Kellogg.

Other highlights of the day include:

• A conversation with Kellogg’s Career Management Center coaches, who will talk about the highly-acclaimed center and how coaches work with veterans to support their needs
  • Representatives from Kellogg’s Financial Aid team will discuss several military resource opportunities available to veterans
  • Prospective students will be able to talk with members of the Kellogg Admissions Team to learn more about the application and admissions process
Additional events coordinated by the Kellogg Veterans Association will also be part of the agenda.

To learn more about Military Preview Day, please email Associate Director of Admissions Jorge Mancilla (j-mancilla@kellogg.northwestern.edu).

Register for Military Preview Day.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Sincerely,

The Kellogg Admissions Team

Filed under: Admissions, Career, Student Life Tagged: admissions, Military Preview Day, preview day, prospective students, veterans
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts