Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '16
GPA: 3.07
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]
Bookmarks
This is an awesome post - made a big mistake by only looking at OG13 and not making full use of online forums for my prep.. Next time, I am sure I will crack it with help from people out here :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ANIB10 wrote:
Great post!

My name is Ani and I am from Lebanon-Beirut, Armenian and I am struggling with the GMAT. My highest score was 310 and I am stuck with a low GMAT score. I liked your post. I took several courses at GMAT, took several practice tests, Studied the OG, and read a lot of how to sit for the GMAT exam but in vain. When I submitted to the University in Beirut, the GMAT was not a requirement. I finished my MBA courses last year and defended my thesis successfully and now at the end I was not allowed to graduate because of my low GMAT score and that I have to submit a GMAT score of 450. I am stuck with a low GMAT score. I am very confused and do not know how to re-study. Now I hate GMAT. Is there any possibility that I can overcome this? Your advise is very much appreciated.

Hi Ani, what is the break-up of your quant and verbal scores?

If you are good at QA, I think you should focus on getting that to 40+ range and pulling your GMAT score to a good level.. all the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
These all steps all very helpful for us and these clearly explain that "How to Start your GMAT Prep ". Thanks for this post..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT Date: 07-31-2014
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Great Help !! I think this kind of road-map was much required before I start my prep. Kudos!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Whether it is your first time or whether you have taken the GMAT test before and are hoping to better your score, we recommend the following

1. Personalize your practice test

Take an initial test to evaluate where you stand. You will know the areas that you need to work on. Try to follow a personalized study plan based on your strengths and areas for improvements.

2. Get familiar with the questions

Unless you know the type of questions that come on the GMAT, you cannot possibly practice. Get familiar with the question types by picking up a relevant and reliable practice book.

3. Practice a little each day

Don’t get burnt out; however, don’t procrastinate either. The best way to prep is practice each day. Remember it is important to practice on relevant material which will eventually help you get comfortable with all types of questions.

4. Take simulated tests

A GMAT standardized test is more a test of endurance than merely content. GMAT tests content that you have studied at some point in your life in school. Hence, more than content it tests how good a test taker you are. Make sure you time yourself to get a better feel of what the actual testing experience will be like. Schedule in section stops and breaks just like on test day. You should at least take 5 to 6 simulated tests with adequate sectional practice in between.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All
I have just given a Princeton review mock and i got 31 out 41 questions correct with just 29 score. followings questions were wrong 1, 7, 8, 12, 20, 21, 23, 25, 29 and 30. Is the score correct. Please help.

Regards

Raman Goel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I just started my GMAT preparation weeks ago after solid decision that I will pursue an MBA degree. I plan to attend enrollment next year and hope to get admitted by 2016 in any top 10 US MBA. I took my first CAT with Manhattan Prep CAT and the score was 490 :( . This will need a lot of effort since my target is to exceed 700.

It is great to find this gmatclub, such a very big resource that I will follow most of the suggestion from GMAT master here.

Regards,
Htyo

Originally posted by Htyo on 12 Aug 2014, 03:02.
Last edited by Htyo on 29 Feb 2016, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Hello BB,

I have made my study plan according to the strategy suggested by you. I've dedicated 20 days each to Quant & Verbal, and then another 20 days for full review; given I'm not working at the moment. My question is, while I am preparing for Quant & Verbal, how do I incorporate mock tests to evaluate my quant and verbal separately? My idea was to write full mock tests during the review week and only prep for Q&V during the first 40 days? Does this make sense? Any suggestions by you would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks!
RCA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Dear BB,

I am a new member at this Forum and right now I am aiming for Harvard's application round which is due on 5th Jan 2015.

Having read one of your post where you wrote that if someone is aiming to hit a score of 700+ with 3 months remaining then he is already late, I am a bit demotivated as I only have a little over 3 months left till the application deadline for Harvard.

So what do you suggest?? Shall I put off my Harvard application and apply at some later date??

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Nabeel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
NabeelIslam wrote:
Dear BB,

I am a new member at this Forum and right now I am aiming for Harvard's application round which is due on 5th Jan 2015.

Having read one of your post where you wrote that if someone is aiming to hit a score of 700+ with 3 months remaining then he is already late, I am a bit demotivated as I only have a little over 3 months left till the application deadline for Harvard.

So what do you suggest?? Shall I put off my Harvard application and apply at some later date??

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Nabeel

It is 4.3 months technically until Jan 5th....

I suggest you don't sit on your behind any longer and jump up and grab the books/courses and kick into gear and start working on your GMAT. it depends on where you start obviously. If you are already at 650, then you only need a short hop to get to 700 as opposed to many of us who started at 550 or below.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,

I went through the OG'13 initially and wrote the GmatPrep mock. Got 710 (Quant 49, Verbal 38). Can anybody tell me how to proceed ahead to maximize the score (target 750). A rough study plan for 1-1.5 months. TIA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 10-18-2015
GPA: 2.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM