Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: #MyKellogg Photo of the Week: Sept. 19

Congrats to @flyhigh1317, winner of the @kelloggschool #MyKellogg photo of the week contest. Keep taking pictures of your life at #Kellogg and tag them with #MyKellogg, and maybe we’ll highlight your picture in the coming weeks.

View the picture on Instagram

Follow @KelloggSchool on Instagram to get more looks at life at Kellogg.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: #MyKellogg, Photo of the week
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Dean Sally Blount: For companies to grow, why bigger is not always better

In an op-ed published this week in Fortune, Kellogg Dean Sally Blount writes that success is not always about scale and acquisitions. As she says in the piece:

“As the world’s population tops 7 billion, and soon 8 and 9, it’s becoming clear that the best performing organizations, and perhaps countries, will be less defined by absolute size and more defined by the speed and agility that comes from clarity of purpose, strategic insight and decisive action.”

Read Dean Blount’s full op-ed on Fortune.com

Follow Dean Blount on Twitter

Filed under: Business Insight, Career Tagged: Dean Blount, Dean Sally Blount
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
gotti wrote:
bml1105 wrote:
So many conflicting answers for the video essay. I actually chose to email my recommenders, explain the video essay and asked them to submit their recommendations by Friday. Then I can finish the video essays this weekend in time. Better safe than sorry if you can get it done.

I submitted today (although my recommendations have not come in) and the response from Kellogg said that the video essay must be completed by October 1st. So that clears all that up.

I did it today though, it was straightforward.

Thanks Gotti!!
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey guys,

Does it weigh negatively on your app if your recommenders submit in the last couple of days?

My app is ready but my recommenders won't be able to make it before 23-24, or may be both on the same date.

Is it gonna raise a red flag if both of them submit on the same day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Apologies for what might sound like a really silly question, but thought I'd check with this group..
On the app, under each employer tab there are 2 questions
1) Self-employed or family business, total employees
2) Self-employed or family business, annual revenue

Are these only relevant for Self Employed/Family Business or should the rest of us also be filling it up for details on employees and revenue.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
LOVE the new website! Good job Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [5]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
completed the video essay woooohoooooooo. finishing up essays for other schools seem so easy now compared to all the Kellogg components :)

To prepare I went through this list https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-mba-video-essay-questions-real-question-list-165526.html posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
engineer1234 wrote:
completed the video essay woooohoooooooo. finishing up essays for other schools seem so easy now compared to all the Kellogg components :)

To prepare I went through this list https://piyushj.com/2014/01/mba/kellogg- ... tion-list/ posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.

thanks for sharing! which two questions were you asked??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
engineer1234 wrote:

To prepare I went through this list https://piyushj.com/2014/01/mba/kellogg- ... tion-list/ posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.

That's a great post. Kudos to you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
gamesfreak wrote:
Apologies for what might sound like a really silly question, but thought I'd check with this group..

Are these only relevant for Self Employed/Family Business or should the rest of us also be filling it up for details on employees and revenue.

Hey gamesfreak! I guess that is what it is. These apply only to Self Employed/family Business people!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
finmaster wrote:
Hey guys,

Does it weigh negatively on your app if your recommenders submit in the last couple of days?

My app is ready but my recommenders won't be able to make it before 23-24, or may be both on the same date.

Is it gonna raise a red flag if both of them submit on the same day?

I don't think so. Even my recommenders are going to submit today/tomorrow itself!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 1.62
Send PM
Kudos
Is anyone here applying for the 1-year MBA? All in all I think Kellogg has a tough application i.e. with limiting characters and all. It's tough to articulate qualitative aspects of the application.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: My first summer in the revamped (and redesigned) MMM program

Having finished my first quarter in Kellogg’s Full-Time MMM Program, there is an excitement for what’s next in our Design Thinking-focused curriculum. Many in the MMM program are looking to be product-focused managers for the next steps of our careers, and I can already tell that the MMM program is going to be the perfect training ground for us to fine-tune the instincts needed to succeed at the next level of technology.

From Professor Eyal Maoz showing just how easy it is to design an amazing product when you can reduce the “degrees of freedom,” to Professor Mark Werwath discussing how hard it can be to launch that product, our summer has simultaneously been a fruitful, stressful, and social start to Kellogg and the MMM Program.

One of the sightseeing highlights was our trip to the famous and soon-to-be-closed Hot Doug’s with program mates. Do visit there if you can. It’s great and well worth the 90-minute wait in line as you try to squeeze a meal in before your next group meeting!

What I appreciate most so far is being able to spend the first two months slowly getting acclimated to Evanston with 59 other brilliant people. It’s hard to imagine what it will be like later in September when the full Northwestern and Kellogg student body arrive and the Jacobs building and every meeting room inside it is constantly booked.

Stay tuned. I’ll keep you updated!

Michael Nguyen is currently a MBA / Masters of Design Innovation (MMM) candidate at Kellogg. In the past he served as Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Cyworld Vietnam, the country’s first social network; co-founded Mimo, a popular Twitter-like service in Vietnam; and helped RedOctane launch the Guitar Hero video game franchise. Connect with him on LinkedIn.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: design thinking, MMM, MMM program
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Application in!

Now comes the wait...

Anyone have any updates on how long before hearing anything?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
PP90210 wrote:
Is anyone here applying for the 1-year MBA? All in all I think Kellogg has a tough application i.e. with limiting characters and all. It's tough to articulate qualitative aspects of the application.

Hey Hi. I am applying for the 1 year program of Kellogg. Would you mind sharing your profile ?

Did you get any response from them as soon as you finished the first two pages of your application ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
gamesfreak wrote:

Hey gamesfreak! I guess that is what it is. These apply only to Self Employed/family Business people!!

Oh, I put in numbers for those!! Nooooooooo.
I hope I don't get dinged because of that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
JohnThunder Don't worry. That's such a small part of your application! :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts